cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SNP Macro - Date range

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am looking to find a way to select data for a key figure for a specific date range. For example, I want to compare the Sales Orders for the future horizon (104 weekly buckets) to the Current On Hand Stock (one bucket).

How can I capture the date range for the for the sales orders? What macro logic do I need to use?

Thanks,

Rumi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I will first use Auxiliary key figure to calculate total quantity of sales order. For this step I will use user defined parameter. Than this Auxiliary key figure , I will use for comparing with stock on hand.

For example

Step:- Total sales order quantity ( 104 Iterations : Initial ; W 12.2011)

Auxiliary key figure sales order quantity =

Sum of sales order quantity

This will give you sum of sales order for first 104 weeks

Step 2:

Auxiliary key figure sales order quantity >

Stock on hand

Step: Alert

I hope this will help you.

Thanks

Amol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I used sales order quantity = SUM (Sales Orders).

I then compared this to the Unrestricted stock. However, the alert still does not work as expected.

I need to compare the sum total of all sales orders in the 104 weeks horizon to the initial value of Unrestricted stock. It seems to be comparing week to week not sale order (total horizon) to Unrestricted stock (Initial).

I even tried using a real key figure instead of an auxlary key figure to see what was being writted into the planning books. However, this also showed that the sales order quantity for the horizon was copied to the individual buckets rather than the suming hte total horizon

This is the problem. Perhaps I am not understanding the SUM logic?

Rumi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rumi

I believe that you have used sum of a row - but if you instead use the sum function for an area (from sales order(initial) to sales order(w104) - and then only run the macro step for period 'initial' - then your AUX key figure will contain the full sales order sum -and you can now compare and create the alert.

BR

Søren

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rumi

I think it will be nice if you please elobrate the logic little bit more which you want to implement.

But I think the definition of step in macro you can define the date range for which you want to execute macro.

Thanks and Regards

Amol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Amol,

The macro logi c is as follows:

If Total Sales Order (across one year horizon) > Inventory On Hand (Current) then send an alert.

Does this help?

Rumi