cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grouping WBS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We are running ECC 6.0 and implementing Project Systems. The requirement of the Client is to use Assembly Order Processing to Create Projects from Sales Orders. We have on big Grouping WBS element defined. Is there a way in standard SAP to Automatically link all WBS/Network activities created for every new Sales Order to the Grouping WBS element. All help and insights will be very helpful.

Thanks a lot.

Regards,

Raj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sam/Vivek,

Thanks for your responses, however what we are looking for is to automatically link the WBS elements created for all new Sales Orders to be linked automatically to the Grouping WBS.

What I mean by Automatic is, without using TCodes GRM3 and GRM4.

Thanks for your all inputs.

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

The last time I worked on this topic, checked to see if the system could intuitively do the assignments, but unfortunately it does not. However if anyone has managed to get this done automatically (I mean across different projects which are not linked) would be very glad to hear from them.

The only suggestion which I could think of is to write a wrapper program for the report - RGRPGA01, which defaults the grouping WBS which you have defined, then reads all newly created projects & passes the same as input. This custom program you can schedule to run at regular intervals & thereby kind of make it automatic. Discuss with your abaper on this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vivek,

Thanks. Yes we had decided to write a custom program. Thought SAP might have enhanced something about this, but unfortunately guess they didn't.

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sam/Vivek,

Thanks for your responses, however what we are looking for is to automatically link the WBS elements created for all new Sales Orders to be linked automatically to the Grouping WBS.

What I mean by Automatic is, without using TCodes GRM3 and GRM4.

Thanks for your all inputs.

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you tried the collective assignment via GRM3 ?

Regards,

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

try to use project summerization as well.

thanks & regards,

Sam L.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sam,

Can you explain how grouped planning will work with project summarization ?

Regards,

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can group several WBS elemnts using cmmon attributes/ user defined keys using project summerization.

First u need to switch on project summerization - Use this indicator to specify that the values for the WBS elements are included in the project summarization.

1) KKR0 u2013 summarization hierarchy

2) CJH1- inheritance

3) KKRC u2013 Summarization run

4) Use one of summerization reports that available on standard SAP reports to view required information for defined group

eg. using user field USR00, u can group several WBS elemnts.

Regards,

Sam L.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sam,

If you read the initial query it is talking about grouped planning for materials, not about summarizing.

I know how summarization works, but based on what I have used & know it works well for reporting, not when it comes for material planning in grouped planning scenario.

So can you explain how summarization will work in the context of grouped material planning.

Regards,

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

For summerization also you have standard reports as

- Plan base -> "Hierarchical" & "By Cost Element" Reports

Hierarchical

S_ALR_87013578 - Plan/Actual/Variance

S_ALR_87013579 - Plan/Actual/Commitment

By Cost Element

S_ALR_87013580 - Actual/Plan/Variance

S_ALR_87013581 - Actual/Plan/Commitment

S_ALR_87013582 - Current/Cumulative/Total

By using those reports u can get material plan values for a defined group of WBS also using summerization,

regards,

Sam L.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sam,

Your response makes it aptly clear that you're referring to something which has not been asked in this query.

Regards,

Vivek

Added

@ Raj: Maybe you help clarify if you're referring to material grouping n grouped planning or referring to summarization or something else. If its not material grouping, would be glad to correct myself.