cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

License for .Net Connector

Former Member

Hi all,

we are an ISV (independent software vendor) company who wants to integrate our .NET product with SAP MM module (just data import/export). Could we buy the .NET Connector or Portal Development Kit developer license separately or NET Connector/PDK are sold only as parts of the NetWeaver platform and we need to buy some NetWeaver developer license?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

reiner_hille-doering
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Here is the "License FAQ" for the Connector. The PDK might have a different license.

1. Do I need a developer license for the SAP connector for Microsoft .NET?

Developer licenses are always required when SAP development tools and functionality are being used for development.

2. We already use ABAP for development. Do we need additional licenses to use the SAP connector for Microsoft .NET?

If you have existing developer licenses these named persons already have the required license to develop solutions based on the SAP connector for Microsoft .NET. If additional persons want to develop based on the SAP connector for Microsoft .NET, you will have to acquire additional developers licenses for them. In any case, all customers can download the SAP connector for Microsoft .NET from the SAP Service Marketplace under the Quick Link “Connectors”.

3. How can I purchase developer licenses for the SAP connector for Microsoft .NET?

To obtain the necessary license please contact your local SAP office.

4. Do I need a runtime license for running an application that uses the SAP connector for Microsoft .NET?

The runtime does not require any immediate license fees. However, please note that each user accessing application functionality through the SAP connector for Microsoft .NET is required to be licensed under a respective solution or component license.