cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSO between a Java EE application (Running on CE) and r/3 backend

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Over the past few days I have been trying to implement a SSO mechanism between NW CE Java Apps and R/3 backend without any success. I have been trying to use SAP logon tickets for implementing SSO.

Below is what I need:

I have a Java EE application which draws data from R/3 backend and does some processing before showing data to the users. As of now the only way the Java App on CE authenticates to r/3 backend is by passing the userid and pwds explicitly. See sample authentication code below:

BindingProvider bp = (BindingProvider) myService;

Map<String,Object> context = bp.getRequestContext();

context.put(BindingProvider.USERNAME_PROPERTY, userID);

context.put(BindingProvider.PASSWORD_PROPERTY, userPwd);

Now this is not the way we want to implement it. What we need is when the user authenticates to CE ( using CE's UME) CE issues a SAP logon ticket to the user. This ticket should be used to subsequently login to other system without having to pass the credentials. We have configured the CE and Backend to use SAP logon tickets as per SAP help.

What I am not able to figure out is: How to authenticate to SAP r/3 service from the java APP using SAP logon tickets. I couldnt find any sample Java code on SAP help to do this. (For example the above sample code authenticates the user by explicitly passing userid and pwd, I need something similar to pass a token to the backend)

Any help/pointers on this would be great.

Thanks,

Dhananjay

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had to tweak the login modules. It works for 2 tier architecture but doesn't wrk for 3 tier architectures.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you imported the java certificate into R/3 backend system ? if so.

Then just go to backend system and check on sm50 for each applicaion instance of any error eg.

SM50-> Display files (ICON) as DB symbol with spect.(cntrlshiftF8)

You will get logon ticket details.

with thanks,

Rajat