Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

help: consuming an external web service with user name token

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Together!

I need to consume an external web service secured with WS-UserNameToken. The way, how did I do it:

1. I generated a web service consumer (proxy) in SE80 from the wsdl file

2. I created logical port for the consumer in SOAMANAGER

3. I created security profile in WSSPROFILE with telpmate SET_USERNAME and assigned it to consumer operation in LPCONFIG (I use LPCONFIG, because I didn't find any way to do it in SOAMANAGER)

3. I called the web service and got the error back: session token is missing or invalid or has inspired

My questions are:

1. is this possible to consume an external webservice in SAP, which is secured with WS-Usernametoken?

2. do I need therefore any settings in java stack? do I need java stack in general?

3. Is this any way to configure the consumer without writing programs, which set header parameter manually?

4. if the answer on the third question is no, do you have any examples, how to implement session management in report? (I mean sending session id and checking the validaty of id)

I appriciate any help of you!

best regards Anna

1 REPLY 1

mvoros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

it should be possible to use WS-UserNameToken for consuming web service. It should be available on AS BAP 7.0 and higher. This profile should be under category Document authentication. You can try to dump a message send from SAP to see what is going out of SAP. This should be supported in ABAP so you don't need a Java stack. What exactly do you want to configure? Do you want to just set user name and password for that service which will be used for any calls of that proxy?

Cheers