cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy JDI track with difference namespace

Former Member
0 Kudos

We need to copy one JDI track to new track but with different namespace. Example from xx.com change to yy.com with the same content.

How can I copy this track and change the namespace? Because if I just forward the content in CMS to the new track it will copy the content with the old namespace.

Any idea?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

shreyas_pandya
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Hafizah,

Namespace of what?

DCs or the Track-SC?

CASE1: if you are talking about changing the Track-SC namespace then...

1) in SLD you can define a new SC with a desired namespace.

2) then associate this newly defined SC to the new target Track.

3) then import this new target track and copy all your DCs inside this target Track-SC (having desired namespace)

CASE2: if you are talking about changing the DC namespace then...

Please go through the below thread...

Regards,

Shreyas Pandya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Shreyas,

I need to change namespace of DCs.

How can I change the namespace directly on the existing DC?

Is it possible?If not do you have another way?

Because I have been forward all the DC to the target track (New track) but it was still with the old namespace.

Now I want to change the namespace of that DC only.

Thanks,

shreyas_pandya
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Hafizah Kamarudin,

I am afraid to say that changing the namespace of a DC is not possible, because the namespace is an integral part of the DC itself. Right from the moment when you create a DC, you are forced to provide the Package Name (Namespace) in which your DC will be residing. All the classes and interfaces that are generated by WebDynpro framework as a result of DC creation process, will be inheriting this namespace.

However, as a workaround you can create a new DC with your desired namespace, and then copy the contents from your existing DC. During this process youu2019ll be asked to change the namespace of the individual objects being copied.

You can then copy this new DC to your NWDI Track SC, which will reflect the desired namespace inside your track.

Regards,

Shreyas Pandya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Shreyas,

How can I copy the content from the existing DC to new DC?

Thanks for the reply.

shreyas_pandya
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Hafizah Kamarudin,

CASE 1: If you are using NWDS for CE (7.1 and above)

1) You need to create altogether a new DC in the same workspace with a different DC Name, as well as the different Namespace (Package Name that you desire).

(Why in the same workspace is because, in "NWDS for CE" though you can open 2 different workspaces at the same time but, you CANNOT COPY the contents of a project from one workspace to the other. Hence a new DC with a different DC name in the same workspace is the way out.)

2) After you have created this new DC, you can copy the contents from your old DC to a new one.

(For E.g. In case of a WebDynpro DC you can right click copy the component inside old DC, and paste it into the new target DC. During this process, youu2019ll be asked to change the namespace of the individual objects being copied like the component itself, the Views and Windows etc...)

CASE 2: If you are using NWDS for EP (7.0 and above)

1) You can open a new workspace where, you can create a new DC with the same old DC name and with the different namespace (Package Name that you desire).

(Why in the different workspace is because, in "NWDS for EP", you CAN COPY the contents of a project from one workspace to the other. Hence a new DC with the same DC name in the different workspace is the way out.)

2) This step will be same as explained in the CASE 1.

I hope this will give you a clear picture.

Regards,

Shreyas Pandya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Shreyas,

I'm using Version: 7.0.19 which I think I need to follow the CASE 2 right?

do I need to copy the folder one by one?Im getting this error message when trying to copy the JDI_TrackNamexxxx~company_name.com.

"Unable to work with the project, which name contains (or) symbols. Such a project names are not supported now. Please, Rename your project: "Copy(4) of JDI_TrackNamexxxx~compny_name.com"

Thanks,

Appreciate your answers.

shreyas_pandya
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Hafizah,

Are you performing the copy operations directly in the NWDI track?

I would rather recommend you to do all these correction in your Local environment first (i.e. in a DC that is not at all associated with NWDI) and then copy this corrected DC to you Track SC.

Please understand that, the copy operation that you are going to perform will be happening between 2 purely Local DCs that are in no ways associated with NWDI Track.

This is how your changes will be migrating...

Please refer to this diagram for getting the clear picture of my explanation: [Diagram Showing the Migration Flow|https://weblogs.sdn.sap.com/weblogs/images/251967884/DCMigration.jpg]

After you have successfully done the correction as mentioned above, you will copy the corrected DC to your NWDI Track.

But wait, before that you will have to Delete the old DC with a wrong Namespace from your NWDI Track.

Please perform the following steps...

1) Deletion involves deleting the sources from DTR.

2) Open DTR Web UI, navigate till <TrackName_Dev> / Inactive / DCs / <Your_DC>.

3) On the right hand side, click on delete option to delete the DC.

4) This action will create an activity, Check-In this activity.

5) Now when you reload the track, it will not contain the DC that you deleted.

6) Now, you can copy your corrected DC inside the Track SC.

I hope my inputs will help you.

Regards,

Shreyas Pandya

shreyas_pandya
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hafizah,

Did you manage to resolve the issue?

Please share your findings.

Regards,

Shreyas Pandya

shreyas_pandya
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hafizah,

Did you manage to resolve the issue?

If yes, then please mark the thread as answered.

Regards,

Shreyas Pandya

Answers (0)