cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Masks or named searches

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all, I am working in SRM 7.0 and MDM catalog 3.0

I am trying that some users see only some products in the catalog according roles.

I created a name search for this but I want to know if can I put this name search only in the role and assing it to the corresponding user but not define the name search in the catalog web service.

Is there another solution to do this action?

If this is the unique solution, then I have to create one catalog web service for each user's view and I have a lot of them.....

How can I do?

Thanks in advance

Rosa Rodríguez

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There are two approaches for your requirement:

1. Create Named Searches based on the different views to be created and assign the named search to users in MDM itself - Not the recommended one as you need to have users present in MDM.

2. Create Named searches and pass the name in External Webservice definitions - Advantage over 1st approach is you need only one catalog user.

In both the approaches, you have to create the same number of external webservice definitions as that of number of views.

Regards,

Jitesh

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jitesh,

I feel, first approach suggested by You will not work, because in MDM we can not specify constraint at user level. Instead Constraint is specified at Role level.

User with Role "Catalog User" must be defined in SRM Web Service. If we defined any user with any custom role (*other than Catalog User role ) in SRM Webservice, then I am afraid that it may not work.

Please correct me if my understanding is wrong.

Best Regards,

Shiv

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shiv,

Yes you are right that we can only assign constraints at Role level. In this case we can create one custom role with named search as the constraint and assign this custom role along with Catalog User role to the user. With this, we need to create same number of custom roles with that of catalog views.

Regards,

Jitesh

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jitesh,

I am not sure but feel when a user belongs to multiple roles, MDM treats constraints as a "OR" function. In this case custom role will restrict user from viewing record but Standard role will give user full access to all the records, thereby making outcome as User will be able to view all the records in the catalog.

I didn't get chance to double check this in the system. I appreciate if you can correct me if my understanding is wrong.

@ Rosa,

I feel, you can pass named search parameter dynamically in the SRM web service (using BAdi implementation). This way you need not to define multiple web services to achieve your requirement (*or can say this is the only way if you do not want to define multiple web services )

I didn't get chance to check on the BAdi name, but you can check for BAdi for passing parameters in SRM External web service. Meanwhile I will also look for same

Best Regards,

Shiv

former_member206388
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rosa.

What kind of restriction are you giving to users based on the roles? (like certain users restricted by supplier, plants etc)

If your condition is based on the user hierarchy value then you can achieve this using implicit search(provided by SRM-MDM Catalog 3.0)

For example User1 is associated to plant 1000, you want the catalog to launch with records showing for Plant1.

You can do this achieving through Implicit Search parameter instead of creating named search

This way of approach is also called as dynamic search, as you are launching the same catalog without any search criteria provided before, Plant information value is taken from the user hierarchy.

If your approach is based on this you can try using Implicit search parameters.

Regards

Bala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Chandar, I don´t understand very well.

I want to show information based on product category, I don´t want to create several web services for each named search.

How can I do this?

thanks in advance

Rosa Rodríguez

former_member206388
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rosa.

As per your requirement if you think the product category is related with the SRM user, then the abovesaid is possible.

As far as I know plant is associated to user in the organisational hierarchy, similarly if there is something like this which could be used then you can proceed the approach. Else you have to go with the other approaches suggested by the experts in this thread.

Regards

Bala

former_member207367
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi rosa,

You can use the attribute catalog id under purchase group in your org structure instead of using the attribute catalog id under user group.

Advantage is the number of users listed under the purchase group can leverage the named search.if you have multiple catalog 's you can add multiple catalog id attributes in purchasing group.

Thanks

Sowseel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sowseel, the problem is that. I have only one catalog and I want to have several named searches to see different views in the same catalog.... How can I do it?

Thanks in advance

Rosa Rodríguez

former_member207367
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rosa,

As if i know we can not assign multiple named searches in one catalog under catalog creation. You need to creare multiple catalog's.

Lets wait for some experts responses.

Thanks

Sowseel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rosa,

I have only one catalog and I want to have several named searches to see different views in the same catalog.... How can I do it?

See, For this you might have created Several Named Searches in MDM Data Manager to see different set of records in each of these Named Searches. After this you need to define Multiple-webservices (External Web-Service) in SRM system where you need to provide parameters as User name, Password , MDM Server Name, Search UI Path and Named Search etc. Here for Named Search you provide the same name as there in MDM Data Manager (Case-sensitive). In this way you define as many as webservices individually for each user associated with different Named Search in External Web Service.

Regards,

Mandeep Saini