SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Carryforward Commitment Budget

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

While configuring u201CEnter Settings for Commitment Carryforward Commitment Budgetu201D Iu2019m getting below error message

Value type 50 may not be carried forward in FM area XXXX

Message no. FI741

Diagnosis

Due to the settings for the selected update profile or due to the Customizing settings for the closing operations in FM, no carryforward is allowed in FM area XXXX for value type 50 in the commitment budget and/or payment budget.

Procedure

Delete the entry for this value type or select a different value type, assign an update profile to the FM area which allows this value type to be carried forward, or change the Customizing settings for the closing operations in FM.

Where in I have checked the update profile and donu2019t know what exactly is the issue. Can someone please help me on this

Update profile assigned is 102, is there any customization that is missed. correct me if i'm wrong

Thanks in advance

Chandru

8 REPLIES 8

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

000102 profile works only with payment budget.

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eli

Thank you for the response

Basic question, We require the PR and PO's to be carry forwarded to next year(2011) and we require only the POs and not the budget assigned to it, in this case which update profile should be used and we are into support and this is my new assignment, in case if we change the update profile I guess we have to reconstruct assigned values, correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks,

Chandru

Former Member
0 Kudos

Needed more information on update profile, which update profile should be used for carry forwarding PO and PR.

Thanks,

Chandru

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It's possible, but it's not a matter of profile. In your closing settings (Activate Budget Carryforward for Commitment), you can tell the system for each value type, whether the budget is taken along or not.

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Eli, It is working

1. in FMJ2 not all PRs and PO are considered for carry forward and also got an error message "Commitment carry forward is not permitted for the value type of document 5XXXXXXX1 in Customizing for the closing operations in Funds Management.

Message Number FMCF707

The document is a PR.

2. I have included value type 50 & 51 in "Enter Settings for Commitment Carryforward Payment Budget" but while including the same value type in "Enter Settings for Commitment Carryforward Commitment Budget" I'm getting an error "Value type 51 may not be carried forward in FM area 1000"

Message no. FI741

Due to the settings for the selected update profile or due to the Customizing settings for the closing operations in FM, no carryforward is allowed in FM area 1000 for value type 51 in the commitment budget and/or payment budget.

Should value type that has to be carry forwarded included in "Settings for Commitment Carryforward Payment Budget" also, I guess not but please correct me if i'm wrong. If it has to be included what is the cause for the error Msg No FI741.

Thanks,

Chandru

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

With 000102 only payment budget is relevant. What do you mean by 'not all PO/PRs'? Do you see that some documents are processed and others - not? Did you change update profile in between?

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Eli, Could find some documents carry forwarded in test run. Yes some are processed and others not. Yes we had changed the update profile in our testing environment(not in quality). can PO/PR carry forward be done even with 102. what is the way out for PR/PO carry forward

Thanks,

Chandru

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Changing of update profile is highly not recommended and could be only done after proper analysis by FM expert of all possible impacts. 000102 profile has nothing to do with ability of carry-forward; certainly, you can carry-forward PO/PRs under this profile. If a document is not processed, then what's the error? It should not be value type, as other documents of the same value type are passed according to you.

Regards,

Eli