cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CN60 Change document not picking Project Definition and WBS ELements

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

There is an issue in CN60, I am trying to see the change document of WBS Elements, but while trying to retrieve the change document details, system is showing only for Networks and Activities and not for Project Definition and WBS Elements.

This issue is occurring only for one project although I have tried to replicate the same for other projects but for others, system is showing for all the WBS Elements and Network as expected.

I have investigated the issue, checked in Project profile and the entire configuration which enables to see the change documents of WBS Elements are fine.

Please suggest.

Thanks in advance for your help and time.

Best Regards,

Krishna Singh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Try changing some fields of that project now and see whether change documents are recorder or not. If it is recorded now then may be someone might have deactivated the change document setting in project profile and created that project and again it might have activated back. You can ask basis consultant to check for the change logs of project profile.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rafi,

Many thanks for your reply.

I did changes in project so many times and ran CN60 after that, but everytime it is showing only for Networks and Activities only. this issue is occuring only in a single project.

No one has changed the project profile, as this issue we encountered in Test system and Project profile we can change in developement system. After changing in developement we use to trnsport into test system once client approves.

And no one is having authorization to change the project profile at my client site, only we are authorized to do these changes in system.

Also, just for more information, there was some patching was going on in this test system from Basis side. Is this issue may happen because of that?

Have you ever came across this kind of issue before?

Please suggest.

Again, many thanks for your help and time.

Best Regards,

Krishna Singh

Edited by: KRISHNA SINGH on Jan 11, 2011 4:12 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Assuming no changes in config, can you check the values maintained in input screen, the dynamic selections, the DB profile etc.

If all those are OK, then can you check the status on the WBS, also check if any user status is active, which is preventing creation / change of change documents.

Regards,

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

I have checked the values in maintained in input screen, dynamci selections and in the DB Profile, all values maitained are correct.

Also, there is user status active but I can't see anything which prohibits to maintain the change documents for WBS ELements.

The Project profile and all the configuration maintained in this project are same as for other projects exist in system, but for other projects we can see the change documents for WBS Elements and for this particular projects we are not able to see for WBS Elements only.

Please suggest if anything I am missing to check for the same.

Thanks for your help and time.

Best Regards,

Krishna Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is the system status you notice on the WBS? Also can you check the details of the user status profile, as to what statues it comprises of, what business functions it allows & which ones it forbids.

Regards,

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

System status is CRTD (Created) only, but we have done the changes in other field like person responsible and all and it is not showing those changes in CN60.

Is it because of system status which is CRTD ? this point also came into my mind earlier but still I am confused.

Please suggest me your logic behind this.

Many thanks Vivek for your reply and time.

Best Regards,

Krishna Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The status must be REL for the WBS to record the changes, until such time no change documents are created.

Hope it answers your query.

Regards,

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

As you said the status should be released to see the change documents of WBS elements, can you please let me know where I can see this rule either in SAP where we customize this or in any document or link online.

Also, user had set the status to DLFL for projects and later she undo the DLFL status, i guess this should be shown in CN60?

Please confirm me should I go ahead to suggest them the same as the WBS Elements should have status DLFL set to record the change documents?

Please suggest.

Best Regards,

Krishna Singh

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Goto OPSA open your project profile and you will find check box for change document under basic data section, press F1 on that check box and read the help document, there it is explained that change document will be created only after REL.

Also, CN60 will not show you status change, you can find the status change document by clicking blue 'i' button next to system status field in CJ20N.

Former Member
0 Kudos

After setting status to DLFL, system does not allow for making changes to that WBS, so where is the question of change documents ?

Also I don't know if there is a document which specifies the criteria for change documents, but if I remember correctly, the business transaction is AEBL for creation of change documents. This would not be available in CRTD & hence not possible to record change documents.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek and Rafi,

Many Thanks for all your help and time.

The WBS Elements should have the status Released to record the Change documents.

Again, thanks a lot.

Best Regards,

Krishna SIngh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

I am not able to see AEBL in system.

Please have a look and suggest.

Thanks for all your help and time.

Best Regards,

Krishna Singh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Currently I am facing an issue related to this post, I have done some custom programming where I am updating the milestones by "BAPI_PROJECT_MAINTAIN" but its not reflecting in CN60, although when I am updating the same via CJ20N its coming correctly.

Please suggest me a solution.

Thanks,

Sonu