cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portal Theme in Webdynpro ABAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I want my portal theme to get applied to the webdynpro abap application.But WDA application is not adapting the portal theme.

This is the version of the theme's style sheet in portal=7.1.3.0.1;ur=7.1.3.0.1;7.1.3.0.0(Major version.minor version.SP.patch.generation run)

The version of Webdynpro abap theme is 7.11.3.2.0.

Portal Version is NetWeaver 7.0 Ehp1

and SAP Basis Version is 701 and level 5.

Is there version incompatibility?

How can I solve this.

Thanks and Regards

M.Karthiheyan.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member194211
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi M.Karthiheyan,

Please follow below steps to apply Portal theme in Webdynpro ABAP.

1. Go to transaction SE80 and navigate to the MIME Repository

2. Create a folder in the MIME repository that will contain all the custom theme files. Make sure the folder is created in following directory /SAP/PUBLIC/BC/UR/<theme_name>

3. Go to the Repository browser in SE80 and select u201CProgramsu201D from the drop down list.

4. Enter BSP_UPDATE_MIMEREPOS in the input field and hit Enter

5. Execute the program and enter the MIME repository path to the folder that is to contain the custom theme. Our custom theme is located in MIME path /SAP/PUBLIC/BC/UR/<Theme Name>

6. Execute the program and select root folder that contains all the custom theme files. The custom theme can be directly pulled down from the file server on portal or can be exported from Portal Theme Editor and imported into Eclipse Theme Editor in order to generate the necessary css files. We only need the root folder that contains the actual css files and images. The upload process might take a while depending on the size.

7. Once the upload is complete, go back to the MIME Repository and check if the files were uploaded.

8. To specify a theme at the global level you can execute WebDynpro component WD_GLOBAL_SETTING. Maintain parameter u2018Stylesheet URIu2019 with the MIME Repository path of the custom theme (i.e. /SAP/PUBLIC/BC/UR/<custom_theme>).

9. Enter the path under "Stylesheet URI:" and select the check box which says "Force use of External Stylesheet".

Thanks.

Sushil S Aher

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Using WDFORCEEXTERNALSTYLESHEET my requirement was satisfied.Thanks.To create custom theme for ABAP System I have used Eclipse Theme Editor.But I was not able to upload with wd_themes report. Can u explain me the format in which I have to export from Eclipse Theme Editor. Do I have to choose the Eclipse Theme Editor version according to the ABAP System version. Explain the steps.

Thanks and Regards

M.Karthiheyan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Run the WD ABAP application WD_GLOBAL_SETTING.

You can give the path of your portal stylesheet and change the theme by running this application.

Also check the standard documentation for WDFORCEEXTERNALSTYLESHEET [here|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/7b/fb57412df8091de10000000a155106/frameset.htm].

I hope it helps.

Please revert back in case of issues.

Regards,

Sumit

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Hi Experts,

> I want my portal theme to get applied to the webdynpro abap application.But WDA application is not adapting the portal theme.

>

> This is the version of the theme's style sheet in portal=7.1.3.0.1;ur=7.1.3.0.1;7.1.3.0.0(Major version.minor version.SP.patch.generation run)

>

> The version of Webdynpro abap theme is 7.11.3.2.0.

>

> Portal Version is NetWeaver 7.0 Ehp1

> and SAP Basis Version is 701 and level 5.

>

> Is there version incompatibility?

> How can I solve this.

>

> Thanks and Regards

> M.Karthiheyan.

Hi,

You can solve the problem with the WDA application parameter WDFORCEEXTERNALSTYLESHEET.

with portal integration the system check for the versions of the style sheets (all the digits )of the portal and wda style sheet. If Portal style sheet is lower version than the WDA then wdthemeroot is taken exception to that is that WDFORCEEXTERNALSTYLESHEET is set.