cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAXDB 7.8.01.019: Problem with the command monitor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello MAXDB experts,

I am trying to perform an SQL analysis on a customer system with MAXDB 7.8.01.019. Unfortunately it doesn't work.

- The runtime for the SQL statements in the resource monitor is much too high (factor 1000000). It seems that this is a known problem (PTS 1195067).

- The command monitor dosn't display execution plans. Error message: "Fehler bei der Bestimmung des Ausführungsplans".

Furthermore the SQL statements are displaced from table sysmonitor after a few seconds. I assume this is related to the first problem (factor 1000000). I already tried to use higher threshold values (e.g. runtime >=500000 ms or 500000000 ms instead of 500 ms), but it didn't work.

Best regards

Thomas Fleer

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I patched the DBSL lib to the latest version 272 for SAP kernel 7.00, but it didn't help.

So I created a SAPSMP call.

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Additional info:

If statements are "small", explain works, if they are bigger, I see in the workprocess trace:

C Thu Jan 20 23:38:42 2011
C  *** ERROR => Too few input values (0)
 [dbslsdb.cpp  6642]
C  Dumping statement ...
C      0   TEXT           1889   SELECT "OBJNR" , "GJAHR" , "WRTTP" , "VERSN" , "KS
C                                TAR" , "VRGNG" , "BEKNZ" , "TWAER" , "PERBL" , "ME
C                                INH" , "BELTP" , "HRKFT" , SUM( "WTG001" ) "WTG001
C                                " , SUM( "WTG002" ) "WTG002" , SUM( "WTG003" ) "WT
C                                G003" , SUM( "WTG004" ) "WTG004" , SUM( "WTG005" )
C                                 "WTG005" , SUM( "WTG006" ) "WTG006" , SUM( "WTG00
C                                7" ) "WTG007" , SUM( "WTG008" ) "WTG008" , SUM( "W
C                                TG009" ) "WTG009" , SUM( "WTG010" ) "WTG010" , SUM
C                                ( "WTG011" ) "WTG011" , SUM( "WTG012" ) "WTG012" ,
C                                 SUM( "WTG013" ) "WTG013" , SUM( "WTG014" ) "WTG01

and eventually

C  token_cnt=39, input_cnt=0, marker_cnt=19, stmt_length=2216
B  ***LOG BZY=> unexpected return code 6          calling XPL        [dbacfun#3 @ 644] [dbacfun 0644 ]

This is kernel PL 126 and lib_dbsl 111, checked on Solaris SPARC and Linux x86_64.

Markus

adrian_dorn
Active Participant
0 Kudos

This is a known problem. See PTS 1224066.

Is the release which you have written (7.8.01.19) correct? In that release the problem should be fixed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Adrian,

yes, MAXDB 7.8.01.019 is correct. The resource monitor is still displaying enormous runtimes.

But at the moment my main problem is the command monitor (no execution plan).

Regards

Thomas

adrian_dorn
Active Participant
0 Kudos

To the enormous runtimes problem: I think in this case you should open a support message at SAP since this problem is supposed to be solved since 7.8.01.016

To the explain plan problem: This looks like a separate problem. Can your post one SQL statemenmt where the explain is not working?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Adrian,

no problem.

Example:

SQL-Anweisung

SELECT

"MANDANT" , "OBJECTCLAS" , "OBJECTID" , "CHANGENR" , "USERNAME" ,

"UDATE" , "UTIME" , "TCODE" , "PLANCHNGNR" , "ACT_CHNGNO" ,

"WAS_PLANND" , "CHANGE_IND" , "LANGU" , "VERSION"

FROM

"CDHDR"

WHERE

"MANDANT" = ? AND "OBJECTCLAS" = ? AND "UDATE" = ?

Variablen

P1 (RA,5 ) = 0x010

P2 (RA,10 ) = 0xMATERIAL

P3 (RA,10 ) = 0x20110110

-> Fehler bei der Bestimmung des Ausführungsplans (EXPLAIN).

Meldungsnr. SADA501

adrian_dorn
Active Participant
0 Kudos

If I cut & paste your statement and input it into the EXPLAIN editor of transaction ST05, it works fine in my system (which however has release 7.8.01.010).

Perhaps there is a error message in the SM50 trace of your system. To check this proceed as follows: Before you press the "Explain" button go into debugging mode by entering /H in the ok-code. Afterwards press on the "Explain" button. Now you are in debugger and can enter "PID" in the OK-code. This will tell you the Work Process number you are currently in. Remember this number. Now press F8 to finish the Debugger and to produce the error. Now call transaction SM50, mark the line with the WP number which you have remembered and click on the icon "display file". Scroll to the last page of the list. Hopefully you will see there some hint of why the explain is not working. If you can't find anything useful there I think you should open a support message so that we can remotely logon into your system and analyze the problem directly in your system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Adrian,

After using the EXPLAIN, the folling error message is written in the workprocess trace file:

B ***LOG BY2=> sql error -8006 performing XPL [dbacfun#11 @ 644] [dbacfun 0644 ]

B ***LOG BY0=> POS(231) Data types must be compatible [dbacfun#11 @ 644] [dbacfun 0644 ]

It seems this error occurs for every SQL statement.

I found the very old SAP note 692188 dealing with this problem (error in DBSL lib).

The affected system is running on SAP-Kernel 7.00 Patch 277 and DBSL lib 247.

Do I have to open an official SAPSMP call now?

Regards

Thomas

0 Kudos

Same problem here with sap kernel 7.01 pl 125 and dbsl pl 111 on maxdb 7.7.07.26.

I upgraded to 7.8.01.019 and now the command monitor crashes with short dump DYNPRO_FIELD_CONVERSION.

adrian_dorn
Active Participant
0 Kudos

>

> Do I have to open an official SAPSMP call now?

I think this would be the best option.

The message from SM50 sound to me like a) your DBSL version is not compatible with your MaxDB version or b) that you have discovered a new bug which is not yet known at SAP.

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just to add:

I see the same problem on all systems with lib_dbsl 111 (which is the highest available version) and 7.8.01.19.

Markus