cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Start/Stop Channels Externally

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have been looking at the blog /people/william.li/blog/2006/04/18/dynamic-configuration-of-some-communication-channel-parameters-using-message-mapping to see how this is done. I can see from the blog that a PI interface has been developed.

I have ran the URL in a browser and get a 'Website cannot be displayed' error. I do not know what the cause of this is, whether the browser cannot parse the response, or the webservice is not called correctly. Could this problem be occuring if I do not have the relevant auth.

Is it possible to execute the URL directly from ABAP. Has anyone been able to do it. I presume this webservice does not have to be calledd via PI.

Is there a blog or anything other document which describes how this interface (with dynamic URL recevier) is configured in PI. I have searched and cannot find anything.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I sorted it myself.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If your requirement is to Start/ Stop XI channels externally, do the following:

1. Select the specific channel in communication channel monitoring.

2. Select External Control On for this channel.

3. Use the following URL for accessing the channel based on what operation you need to perform:

a) START: http://<host>:<port>/AdapterFramework/ChannelAdminServlet?party=<Party Name>&service=<Service Name>&channel=<Channel Name>&action=start

b) STOP: http://<host>:<port>/AdapterFramework/ChannelAdminServlet?party=<Party Name>&service=<Service Name>&channel=<Channel Name>&action=stop

c) STATUS: http://<host>:<port>/AdapterFramework/ChannelAdminServlet?party=<Party Name>&service=<Service Name>&channel=<Channel Name>&action=status

(Keep Party Name blank if there is no party involved in the scenario).

If you have a different requirement, I would request you to explain what you are looking for in more detail.

Best Regards,

Pratik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pratik,

And I thought I had detailed my requirements.

You have simply cut and paste the URL's that can be used. I already know what these are. My questions are related to: -

Should I be able to run this in a browser

Shoulld I be able to run this using ABAP

Does this have to be a PI interface

Is there a document descirbing the steps of creating this interface.

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Hi Pratik,

>

> And I thought I had detailed my requirements.

>

> You have simply cut and paste the URL's that can be used. I already know what these are. My questions are related to: -

>

> Should I be able to run this in a browser

> Shoulld I be able to run this using ABAP

>

> Does this have to be a PI interface

>

> Is there a document descirbing the steps of creating this interface.

Yes,

You can try to use CALL FUNCTION 'PRGN_GENER_EXECUTE_URL' in your Abap program to call the URL in your browser. You can add this URL to your favorites menu folder under SAP EASY ACCESS menu tree.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Ideally yes this should be done through PI only.

You have to develop small code in the ESR of you PI java stack. Our developers have done this so not qite sure about the code. You should call this code to start/stop the channels.

Regards,

Vamshi.