cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP GRC - SAP IDM integration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

may I ask you how SAP GRC Access Control can be integrated with Identity Management?

I would like a description of the model and to understand if CUP, ERM, RAR are all mandatory components to do the integration (it's not clear to me if only CUP should be use to integrate IDM).

Thank you to all

Daniela

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

koehntopp
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Daniela,

there are two basic options of integrating Netweaver Identity Management and SAP BusinessOBjects Access Control:

- CUP can call IdM to provision roles to non-SAP systems through IdM

- IdM can call CUP to hand over a request (or parts of it) for SoD and critical transaction checks

As a third option, I have seen customers using both tools in parallel, provisioning users and master data through IdM and assigning SAP authorizations through CUP/RAR.

The best kind of integration for your scenario is something that depends on your requirements and your desired processes. Technically you can do a lot, but it makes sense to invest the effort to find out what the best option is in your exact case.

Kind regards,

Frank.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

very clear.

Thank you for the help

May I ask you also if you have also a design of the solution /model related to IDM /GRC Access Control integration?

Thank you

Rgds

Daniela

koehntopp
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

What exactly are you looking for?

There is a HOWTO on integration here

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/BPX/Governance%2CRisk%2CandCompliance%28GRC%29How-ToGuides

And this is a description of the NW IdM GRC Integration Framework

[original link is broken]

Hope that helps,

Frank.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Answers (0)