cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAProuter connectivity

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have configured SAProuter and i can able to download SAP notes from application server and also i able to generate EWA.

But unable to coonect to our system remotely!!

Application server: 192.168.150.123

System Number : 00

System ID : DEV

SAProuter String : /H/59.90.19.18/S/3299/H/

Is this information enough? I have given P * * * in saprouttab.

Can anyone please help me in this.

Thanks in advance

Uday

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Uday,

Are you able to ping the IP Adresses, or do a telnet <IP> 3299. check with your network team whether they open the IP to public.

tim_buchholz
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Uday,

The router string to be used has to give the hops that the GUI has to do in order to reach the system. So the first point of contact would be the server that runs the saprouter. According to your description, the saprouter uses default port 3299 and is reachable from the PC that you are using as 59.90.19.18. So the first part of the route is:

/H/59.90.19.18/S/3299/

SAP Logon will then add the application server name, and the instance number as specified, to make the complete the string:

/H/59.90.19.18/S/3299/H/<name>/S/32<instance number>

However, the server must be reachable under 192.168.150.123 from the server that runs the saprouter. If the server's name resolves to another IP address on the saprouter's server than on the PC that runs the GUI, you will most likely not see a connect. If you are using a name rather than an IP address, the name will be forwarded to the saprouter, and saprouter resolves it into an IP address according to the name resolution active on the server that runs saprouter.

Best Regards,

Tim

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have to open the firewall port 3299 for inbound traffic on IP address 59.90.19.18

Kind regards,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

Thanks for your response, ya i have done that. I opened 3299 port in 59.90.19.18.

But not connected, is there anything to do then?

Thanks in advance

Uday

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Pls. use the foll. string 4 the SAPOSS connection:

/H/<private IP of saprouter machine>/S/sapdp99/H/<SAP's saprouter IP eg. 194.117.106.129>/S/sapdp99/H/oss001

Ensure that u're able to ping/telnet SAP's router on 3299 from your SAProuter host.

Ensure that you're other systems are able to telnet your saprouter on 3299 & vica versa on 32<instance no.>

Ensure that your system data on SMP is maintained correctly n the host string on SMP contains your saprouter hostname.

Hope this helps !

Thanks,

-S.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saba,

Thanks for your information, SAPOSS rfc connection is there with the same parameters.

I can able to download notes using t-code SNOTE, i have maintained the data in SMP but i was not able to connect to system remotely.

Thanks in advance

Uday

Edited by: basisuday on Feb 1, 2011 4:44 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

If the connection test of RFC destination SAPOSS is successful, you should be able to download notes via SNOTE. Have you tried to download a note already?

Kind regards,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

<quote>

but i was not able to connect to system remotely.

<quote>

does this mean SAP's not able to access your servers ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saba,

I need to give access to our sap server from different locations, this is the reason for configuring SAProuter.

Everything is fine, SAPOSS rfc connection sucessfull and can able to download sap notes but not able to connect remotely(users from our company from different locations).

Thanks in advance

Uday

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

I have already mentioned this, I can able to download notes using SNOTE. But i didn't understand why not able to connect to our system using sap router.

Thanks in advance

Uday

nirmal_konchada
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check the error log in saprouter machine.

Regards,

Nirmal.K