Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Real Cost from WBS to Activity

fortian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are entering hours using Acct Assgt to a WBS elements by CAT2.

I guess that some settlement or distribution process exists in order to allocate these costs to activities? Could anybody enlighten me or just give me a hint of how it works?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Normal process is you accumulate cost at activity level based on time entry(CAT2) & work done and then you will settle to WBSE. Why are you reversing the process?

fortian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We understand that we should confirm actual work at activity level but it's not possible due some issues we can't avoid.

So we want to record work at project level and then settle the total amount a long all the activities. It seems possible?

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can use KB15N, select your WBSE as sender and the activity as reciever. also, try maintaining settlement rule in WBSE to the actvity and see what happens.

But, I dont understand onething, after you distribute cost from WBSE to activity, what will you do to those cost at activities during period closing/project closing?

fortian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

KB15N seems a good way but we where looking for something not that manual. I'll try to find how settlement rules work.

About your question, as we have a multilevel WBS structure, we first confirm work at the higher level, (highest WBS of the project), second we distribute these cost along all the activities, and finally to the WBSE of each activity. It might seem a bit crazy, but our customer usually repeats parts of the projects and this seems the only way to record the actual cost of each of these parts.

Thanks

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Also check with your CO consultant to explore the possibility of periodic assessment and distribution.

fortian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks, I will speak with my CO consultant.

Nevertheless checking on Maintain Settlement Rule screen from the Project Builder, I've seen that there is no option of choosing Network Activity as Account assignment category.