cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EWA for Java Systems

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

we had configured some java instances on our solution manager (Ehp1 sp 7).

But if we try to add the systems to the solution and schedule the ewa report the solution try to connect to sdccn.

Based on what i was able to read in other posts the pure java systems doesn't use sdccn (of course they don't have abap).

In the smsy configuration for the java systems we have as product version Netweaver 7.0 and as relevant product instance selection these four line:

Adobe Document Services

Application Server Java

EP Core

Enterprise Portal

all with instance sid as technical system and java as system type.

Do i need to do something else to let the Solution understand that these systems are pure java so solution will not try to launch the sdccn transaction?

(Diagnostic agent is already getting data and bi content is active).

Thanks and regards

Federico Pancucci

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Please follow the attached guide on the note [976054-EWA for non abap|https://websmp130.sap-ag.de/sap(bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/spn/sapnotes/index2.htm?numm=976054]

Jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jansi,

thank you for your replay, i was already checking the note you specified, but i could just use some information because my release is newer and many things has changed.

I configured till the Solution Reporting Services scheduling, but still after the execution of the job i don't get any ewa, and if i try to add a session for EWA under Solution Monitoring->EarlyWatch Alert the session still try to connect to sdccn.

The point i cannot get is where the ewa report for java instance will appear, will they be displayed under Solution monitoring like all the other reports?

Regards

Federico

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Federico,

Have you created a job in SDCCN of your SOLMAN system for EWA for NON-ABAP for the system in question already?

Thanks,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

i didn't crate any session in the sdccn of solution manager manually, but i could see that on the "Done" tab of sdccn there was a non-abap session executed yesterday.

How could i schedule a new one?

Thanks

Federico Pancucci

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Federico,

It should be described in the attachment of SAP Note 976054.

As well, please take a look at the following two URL's which have more documentation on this.

If you still need more help, please tell me what is the exact issue that you are facing, such as getting a certain error after the session (ewa) is created in DSWP or getting red flagged?

http://service.sap.com/diagnostics

http://service.sap.com/ewa

Thanks,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot to everyone,

I was able to get the report.

The problem was just that on ewa sessions view by clikking on the call sdccn button i wasnt able to reach the transaction, so i was thinking there was an error on the configuration of the java system.

By starting a refreshing job in the sdccn of the solution i was able to get all the session for the java systems.

Thanks to all again.

Federico Pancucci

Answers (0)