cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to ensure that requests are imported in a given order?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to import a lot of changerequests from test to production and these requests have to be imported in correct order. How can I ensure that the requests are imported in the order I want? I cannot use the "Import all" because the queue also contains other requests that I do NOT want to import now.

Do I have to import the requests one-by-one to be sure?

Regards,

Thor-Egil

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

ImtiazKaredia
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Frankly Speaking to import requests in correct order needs discipline in development team.

If Request are correctly created and released in correct sequence the queue in next system is automatically correct.

Though I understand you are referring to technical solution, But Change Management is not only a technical challenge.

If there are incorrect requests created it should be followed by requests which will correct the wrong things.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Doing one bye one is the way as nirmal mentioned.... For long list of requests its really tough...

For this you can create a file with all the requests in sequence in which you want.... Write one shell script (for Unix system) or batch file for windows which will read the request no from the list & import

Former Member
0 Kudos

Assuming the desired transport requests are in the import queue in correct order, but merged with undesired requests:

Select the desired requests by F9, and import them in one go by ctrl+F11.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can also filter the import queue with the requests you want to import then select the complete bolck and import.

Regards,

Vamshi.

nirmal_konchada
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes you need to import your requests one by 1 in the order that you want.

This is the best way.

Regards,

Nirmal.K