Query on SALES RETURN PROCESS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Scenario : Sales return domestic.

1) I have created Return sales order with reference to Invoice number

2) Have generated Return Delivery

3) Have generated the Invoive.

Now when I check the MB52 report value appears as "Zero" under value unrestricted tab, why is it so , Kindly help me if am following the correct procedure.

PS: Now If I have to send the material back to the customer do I have to create new sales order and then dispatch it ??

Regards

Suvin.S

Edited by: ssugethen on Jan 11, 2011 11:28 AM

Edited by: ssugethen on Jan 11, 2011 11:28 AM

Edited by: ssugethen on Jan 11, 2011 11:29 AM

Edited by: ssugethen on Jan 11, 2011 11:29 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Suvin,

If you are creating the return sales order, then stock will appear under return stock in MMBE. The movement which is sued is 651.

In MB52 you can see the value under returns stock.

Br,

Tushar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tushar,

You are right Movement type is 651, and stock does appear in MMBE, but when I execute the MB52 report value appears as zero its here that am facing the problem because value is not appearing in teh report.

Regards

Suvin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Suvin,

You can try to check the value for your return sales order with T-code MB51

Go to MB51 Enter Movement type 651 execute..

Next screen Press Ctrl + Shift + F12 . It will take you to next screen..

In this screen use Ctrl + F8, you will get field Column selection Popup..

in that Choose " Amount in LC" & Sales Value.

With this you will get the value. If the value is Zero then it means that the return stock from customer is non valuated.

Note:

T.Code MB52 : Display Warehouse stock of Material in Hand.

App:lication

You use this report to display the total stock of a material (quantity and value) at plant and storage location level. If transit stocks or stock transfer stocks exist at plant level, the system totals these stocks and displays them in the column In Stock Transfer in a stock line without a storage location.

Note that in this report, the stock value of the warehouse stock is calculated using the following simplified formula:

Stock value = quantity x value/valuated stock

Therefore the stock value specified here only has informal characters and does not represent the actual stock value.

Br,

Tushar

Edited by: Tushar Patankar on Jan 11, 2011 6:28 PM

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

terp_michael
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Suvin,

Check the movement type in the return delivery, it might move the returned goods to restricted stock. This process is used if the goods must be checked before they are returned to unrestricted stock.

If you want to return the same material to the same customer there is a risk in returning it to unrestricted stock unless your warehouse staff is controlling it manually or the material is customer specific. In theory unrestricted stock can be sold to any customer.

You should create a new order/delivery to dispatch the material and remove it from your stock.

best regards

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi , Michael

Thanks for the reply appreciate it . Will create new sales order/dispatch/invoice.

But in MB51 report value is appearing as zero for returned material , Pls suggest.

Regards

Suvin

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Suvin,

Check for the Returned Goods in MB5B in GD ret.del. returns (movement Type 651).

If you want to Send the same Goods to Customer again, create a new Sales Order, Delivery & Invoice.

But First you will need to move the Goods from Block Stock to Unresticted Stock.

Hope this helps...

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Former Member
0 Kudos

for returns material will not come to unrestricted .it will appear in returns.

Check in mmbe under returns u can find it.

transfer the material from unrestricted to returns in MB1B using movt.type 453