SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Log Messages

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai,

I am getting data back from the POS. However I get some iDoc failures (between 100 - 200 a day) from which I have to collect the error messages.

To get the error messages I go into the iDoc --> Status Record --> Application Log.

There I get the log number, on clicking I get the error message.

Is there any table from where I can get the error message against the error log number? I can collect the log number from Parameter 2 of EDIDS table.

Regards,

Maheshwaran. I

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member335292
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Maheshwaran,

I am afraid there is any such table available(to my knowledge) from where you can pick the logs of the failed idocs.Alternately you can use Tcode WPER in which you have the option to check all Idocs with status 51 and also you have an option to filter the search based on Idoc type,customer,timestamp etc

Hope it helps

Best Regards,

Aram.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

former_member335292
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Maheshwaran,

I am afraid there is any such table available(to my knowledge) from where you can pick the logs of the failed idocs.Alternately you can use Tcode WPER in which you have the option to check all Idocs with status 51 and also you have an option to filter the search based on Idoc type,customer,timestamp etc

Hope it helps

Best Regards,

Aram.

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The answer is in your question. Use the data in table EDIDS and build your own report with an ABAP, because you have a lot of errors to manage them with SE16N for this table.

For instance, wrote the message in a text field (l_text) that you can read in a list

id EDIDS-STAMID type EDIDS-STATYP number EDIDS-STAMNO  
     WITH edids-stapa1 edids-stapa2 edids-stapa3 edids-stapa4 
     INTO l_text

I hope this helps you

Regards

Eduardo