cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Would like to know introdution of MDM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I would like to know the fundamental concepts of MDM.Can some one of you send me the related links to learn MDM.

I have seen in Service market place but i found that it is not for beginers.

Regards

RAJU

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I shall send you some documents which shall help you in understanding the concepts of MDM.

Let me know your email id..

Also refer to

<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_mdmgds55/helpdata/EN/index.htm">SAP MDM Help</a>

Also go through the earlier blogs on SDN.

They shall brief you and help you learn.

Hope that helps!

Regards,

Tanveer.

<b>Please mark helpful answers</b>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tanveer,

Thanks for replay.Recently i have joined newly into MDM support.and currently i am working on BW.

My mail ID is "nvaradaraju@rediffmail.com"

Regards

Varadaraju

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tanveer,

COuld you please email me the documents to arjunbhat26@yahoo.com.

Thanks a lot

Arjun.

aparida
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Tanveer and Vinay,

Your inputs are really helpful to understand MDM. I am also new to MDM and it will be highly appreciated if you could send me some material on MDM. My email id is anurag.parida@gmail.com

Thanks and Regards,

Anurag.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Anurah

I will also sned through some doc. on MDM for you

Rgs

con

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As you must have got the relevant documentation on MDM by now I wouldl like to tell you what else MDM can do and its industry requirement.

See MDM SP03 is baically a WIN32 application developed to model data designing ,importing,managing and syndicating master data centrally under one roof.Power of MDM comes into picture when it can import data from various legacy and R3 systems and can manage them in its data manager.Basic steps in MDM are

1)DATA CONSOLE it is the adminstration side of MDM.Here you make repositories to make tables needed to keep data and you define user roles and admin rights.

2)DATA manager Here you make entries in your table or delete or arrange.In precise you do actual data modelling here.An important feature of manager is its powerful search help.

3)DATA IMPORT MANAGER Here you import files from your legacy and R3 systems and Match the data fields to the table fields of repository you have created in console.

It is perhaps the most important feature of MDM.

4)Syndicate Manager Here after your data is there in repository and you have successfuly deleted the duplicates you can then syndicate the data back to various systems.

Now comes an importatnt part of MDM. after the implementation of MDM you have portals and iviews to create new entries of data in MDM by some authorizations and security checks.However the same can be done at DATA manager.Also you have IMAGE MANAGER to take care of all images as well as workflows and validation checks

Also improved version of MDM SP04 is scheduled to be launched in august 06.

Will send you the material.Send me ur email id.

Please mark helpful answers

Regards

Vinay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Varda,

Go through e-learning classes,that you have in the SDN site,you will definetly get basic knowledge of MDM.

Regards

-Bhanu

Mark63
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

For high-level conceptual information, you may refer to http://www.sap.com/platform/netweaver/components/mdm/index.epx. There is a link to a solution brief.

Hope this helps as an entry.

Best regards,

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

Thanks for reply.

I just went through link,It was informative.Now i wanted little advanced than this.Can you please help me out in understanding this.

Regards

Varadaraju