Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SD related closing old orders, deliveries, invoices help needed

former_member232834
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear, Gurus

I have a few inquiries in regards, to closing the status of my sales orders. First, think of worst case scenarios the user needs spoon feeding. So for some time the company had stopped using SAP and restarted after some time. I am now on the re-configuration and updating team. Lots of support related issues are coming. Now we have Sales Orders from the year 2007 which are not closed status wise. I know that if no subsequent document exist then I can easily assign reason for rejection. But now thing is that maybe delivery has been made but no invoices have been created. and vice versa. In VF04 there are thousands of invoices not yet created how can I close the Sales Order status if invoice document has not been created. In fact the user really does not care for none of these old orders from before December 01,2010. I am quite lost I mean if subsequent documents exist then reason for rejection does me no good. Also, if Invoice hasn't been made status in Sales Order is not complete with reason for rejection set. So what should I propose to the client? That they should at least create the invoices? Should everything be archived if possible? What does SAP suggest?

Regards, Ali

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If your objective is only to close all old orders, you can do so via MASS. By doing so, the requirement from MD04 will get nullified.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member232834
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Regarding this thing. I guess thats the only way to close Sales Orders. What seems to be the whisper in the air is that they will want to archive all old documents. Orders, Deliveries, and Invoices.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ali,

If there are pending invoices in VF04 that means the Goods issue has already been done so the user needs to create the invoice and charge the customer .If the deliveries are hanging meaning if the PGI is not done then you can remove the picking quantity and delete the delivery note.And about sales orders if suppose the sales orders quantity is 100 tonns and 50 tonns have been delivered so you can go to va02 change mode of sales orders make the order quanity as 50 tonns press 3 times enter then save the document then the order status will show as complete.

Note : you can go to vl02n and take the option from the drop down menu PGI not done then enter your sales org and execute it will show you all deliveries which are not done PGI.

I hope this will help you.

Mansur Ali Khan.

former_member232834
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Mansur thanks for your reply but most of my sales orders are order related billing. Now the company does not process things correctly and even do not follow many SAP standards (All internal matter of course). It is quite weird but would it make sense for me to say that they are using there legacy system better then SAP. SAP was being treated I think only as a data entry task only. Middle East clients what do you expect? Lets say that no billing document has been created but outside of SAP payments have already been made.

They want me to take out old historical material reservations for these old orders. In order for me to do that I need to set the reason for rejection and that should take back the material reservation. But now in case of like if billing document was not even made in VF04. Reason for rejection will do nothing. I assure you that the users will not be happy or even willing to open delivery after delivery manually ticking and un ticking or even changing delivered quantity. From standard point of view I think nothing else is possible but to settle these old documents what do you say?