cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

u201CProcess bid as Substituteu201D transaction in Surrogate Bidding

Former Member
0 Kudos

Experts,

I read a sentence "the purchaser goes into the transaction Process Bid as Substituteu201D. But I am not able to find out the transaction u201Cprocess bid as Substituteu201D anywhere.

I have authorization for BBP_QUOT_BOB.

I have checked PERMIT PROXY BIDDING flag for the bidder.

I wonder why I am not able to see the transaction u201Cprocess bid as Substituteu201D still?

Can anyone tell the exact path/navigation to go to u201Cprocess bid as Substituteu201D?

GH

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I do remember the menu called surrogate Bidding for the Purchasers to do surrogate bidding WITHOUT portal in SRM 550

Note 1278965 - BBP_QUOT_BOB: Surrogate search doesnt return desired results

You are in the 'process bid as substitute' transaction. You select the flag 'All bid from my company' and hit start. From the results, you select the object id and try to search. System doesnt return any values.

Other terms

Surrogate search BBP_QUOT_BOB bid_inv 'Object_id'

Reason and Prerequisites

This is due to a program error.

This is applicable for SRM 550 / srm 600

WhicH link you are reading ?

Note 1354547 - iView Name correction ' Process Bid as Substitute '

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Muthu,

Thanks for the answer and patience.

As we are already in SRM 7.0 SP07 the note 1278965 may not be useful to us.

Sorry... My question is... kindly guide me "how to go to the transaction... process bid as substitute"?Where is this transaction called "process bid as substitute"? It is in which tab page? Is it a button or URL?

GH.

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

PRE REQUISITE :- have you activated the Surrogate bidding chek flag for the bidder ie.Under bidder data you must flag "PERMIT PROXY BIDDING"

Responses Awards" --> go to surrogate bid tab page --> search bidders --> get a list of bidders for whom the proxy bid is permitted.... then what to do?

Now you need to enter which Bidder asked you to Bid that bidder name you have to select and enter the price and submit the Bid.

"bidder is not able to access the system, they can contact the purchaser, who then enters the bid on behalf of the bidder"

---

the below may be old version

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_srm50/helpdata/en/5a/4cc5376848616ae10000009b38f889/content.htm

Purchasers can enter a bid on behalf of a bidder. For example, if the bidder is not able to access the system, they can contact the purchaser, who then enters the bid on behalf of the bidder.

To do this, the purchaser goes into the transaction Process Bid as Substitute, searches for a contact person and creates the bid for the bid invitation in question.

Former Member
0 Kudos

PRE REQUISITE :- have you activated the Surrogate bidding chek flag for the bidder ie.Under bidder data you must flag "PERMIT PROXY BIDDING"

Yes it is done.

Now you need to enter which Bidder asked you to Bid that bidder name you have to select and enter the price and submit the Bid.

If I execute the search with "Bid on Behalf" indicator, I am getting the list of bidders for whom I have enabled proxy bidding.

After this, there are no ways to go further!

Am I expected to see a button "Process bid as Substituteu201D here?

I see only one button called "Register" in the screen. If I click on this button, I get a message that "the bidder is already registered", as I have already added the bidder's name in the Bidder tabpage of RFx.

THE BIGGEST MYSTERY IS "WHERE IS THE process bid as substitute BUTTON"?

Is it really a button?

I even checked in the layout under webdynpro component /SAPSRM/WDC_UI_DO_BIDDER --> iView V_DO_BIDDER_SEARCH_S. It is not there???!

Thanks again for the patience.

GH

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Let us wait for others or jay reply . i dont have system now to verify the same. sorry GH

Former Member
0 Kudos

THE BIGGEST MYSTERY IS "WHERE IS THE process bid as substitute BUTTON"?

I agree this functionality is a bit hidden in SRM 7.

In your purchaser's POWL, highlight a published RFx(whose bidder list contains at least one contact person that has enabled the "proxy bidding"). The "Responses and Awards" button should be enabled.

Click on "Responses and Awards" button.

On the "Response Activity" tab, you should see the list of bidders and contact persons.

Highlight the contact person who you have set up "proxy bidding".

You should see the dropdown button "Response on Behalf" enabled.

Click that button and select "Create".

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Jay Yang, Dear Muthu,

Due to some custom development, this iView was hidden! Because of your answer, I got clue of webdynpro component. Issue resolved... Thanks.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Surrogate Bidding

Purchasers can enter a bid on behalf of a bidder. For example, if the bidder is not able to access the system, they can contact the purchaser, who then enters the bid on behalf of the bidder.

To do this, the purchaser goes into the transaction Process Bid as Substitute, searches for a contact person and creates the bid for the bid invitation in question.

The purchaser can also bid as substitute within an existing bid invitation by using the Bid as Substitute functions provided in the bidder list.

To bid as substitute, the purchaser must have authorization for transaction BBP_QUOT_BOB. The first authorization level enables the purchaser to create new bids; the second authorization level enables the purchaser to change submitted bids, as well as create new bids.

Note 1521470 - Surrogate bidding is not working.

Purchaser Creates the RFx and add some bidders and publish it.if surrogate bidding is enabled then purchaser creates the RFx Response on behalf of bidder. There are three ways wherein bidder and purchaser will be involved in the Response creation process.

1.Bidder Creates the Response and submit it .

2.Purchaser creates the Response on behalf of bidder and submit it.

3.Bidder creates the response and submit it and later on purchaser edit the response and re-submit it.

Other terms

RFx, RFx Response, Bidder.

Reason and Prerequisites

This is the FAQ note.

Solution

The third scenerio is not supported with SP09 release. This scenario will be taken care in the future release

It is called SURROGATE BIDDING , Buyer respond the bid on behalf of Bidder .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok. All these are fine! My question is I am not able to digest the sentense

the purchaser goes into the transaction Process Bid as Substitute

because I am not finding a button or url like "process bid as substitute" anywhere.

I open the RFx which is published --> I go to "Responses Awards" --> go to surrogate bid tab page --> search bidders --> get a list of bidders for whom the proxy bid is permitted.... then what to do? i am expecting that a button "process bid as substitute would be available, somewhere here?

Am I navigating in correct path? or what is the navigatiion path to go to "process bid as substitute"?

We are in SRM 7.0, SP07, ECS with PPS Scenario, with ECC Ehp4.

GH