cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smartform Printing : Error in spool C call: Error from TemSe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi! everybody,

I am stating my problem as follows : I have to print a bar-code sticker of size 10 X 7 cms. I have worked on bar-codes before this also. This time the output from a smartform is to be given to a ZEBRA TLP 2844 printer. I initially encountered problems in printing. The data does not fit on to the page.

After a lot of searching I found that ZEBRA was a partner of SAP and that a special device type needs to be created for output from a ZEBRA printer. I did this two times. Each time my steps were as described under.

To create the device type I did the following :

1. I finally found the driver from the ZEBRA website from http://www.zebra.com/id/products/global/en/utilities/sap_device_types.UtilityFile.File.tmp/Zebra_SAP... From this I uploaded the driver for 203 DPI zebra printer with IBM code 850 font file name "YZB200.PRI" into the transaction SA38.

2. Then I created a new device ZEB10 in SPAD after assigning my format to the device.

Thereafter, I tried to print my sticker. During this procedure, on selection of the new device type, the fonts automatically changed to ARIAL in the print preview. When I give the print command (Spool request : Print immed = X, Delete after output = X & New spool request = X) it gives an error message Error in spool C call: Error from TemSe.

Since the output had not been issued, I opened the spool request to view its TemSe characteristics. Here I found

Spool Attributes

Output Device ZEB10

Format ZTT Format

Doc. Category SMART

Recipient

Department

Deleted On 19.01.2011

Authorization

Output Attributes

No. of Copies 1

Priority 5

SAP Cover Page Do not print SAP cover page

OS Cover Sheet Print as set at printer

Requested 0

Processed 0 With Problem 0

With Error (Not Printed) 0

Storage Mode Print

TemSe Attributes

Object name SPOOL0000013836

Data type ????????????

Character set 0 -

> Character set of dev type = 1162

Number of parts 0

Record format

Size in bytes 0

Storage location

On seeing SP01

Spool no. Type Date Time Status Pages Title

13836 Smartforms(OTF) 11.01.2011 07:32 + 0 SMART LP01 USERID

I hope this data helps you help me. Please ask for more data if you wish. Also, I have searched vastly for this error on the net have already come across the link http://help.sap.com/saphelp_45b/helpdata/en/d9/4a8f9c51ea11d189570000e829fbbd/frameset.htm but to no use. On the SDN, I have not found a similar thread and that is why I decided to post this problem here, hoping to find a solution. Kindly help.

Regards,

Manas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

david_liu1
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Can you check if you made the entries in tables TST05 and TSP09 as

described in SAP Note 750002? This can be the reason for the

Temse error.

Hope this information helps.

Regards,

David

nirmal_konchada
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manas,

I am facing the same issue for one of my clients.

Can you please share the solution with me if you have come out with it.

Regards,

Nirmal.K