cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parsing error in OLAP universe filter after upgrading to 7.3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

in my universe, there are 3 errors with my filter with error message. Below is an example of it,

<OPTIONAL>

<FILTER KEY="[!V000002]">

<CONDITION OPERATORCONDITION="Equal">

<CONSTANT TECH_NAME="@Prompt(

'Calendar Year/Month (Single Value)',

'A',

'Ticket YearMonth\LovCalendar Year/Month (Single Value)Base',

mono,

primary_key)"/>

</CONDITION>

</FILTER>

</OPTIONAL>

Error message:

Filter Parse failed: Exception: DBD, The supplied XML is not valid. <DPCOMMANDS><DPCOMMAND><DP> <QUERY><QUERYRESULT><QUERYOBJECT KEY="[Measures].[D7DMMEQ535OW3RT3PR0Q1PL1Z]"/></Q UERYRESULT><QUERYSCOPE/><QUERYCONDITION><WHERE>"<FILTER KEY="[!V000002]"><CONDITIO N OPERATORCONDITION="Equal"><CONSTANT TECH_NAME="'StringValue'"/></CONDITION></FILTER>

"<WHERE/></QUERYCONDITION></QUERY></DP></DPCOMMAND></DPCOMMANDS>State: N/A

I do not see anything wrong with the filter, and before the upgrade to 7.3 its working perfectly. Anyone have any idea? thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The whole thing started when i'm unable to refresh my BO report. So i traced it back to webi, and then universe which shows the parsing error as the reason for the report unable to refresh.

However, by going into webi, and re choose the path to universe, and save the webi report. I'm now able to refresh my BO report as usual.

With the parse error still remain, the BO report are able to run as normal , well i guess i'll just leave the error there since the report is working properly.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do you have extra spaces at the end of the filter definition?

Is there any invalid character or space that may cause the invalid parsing?

Didier