cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adapter scheduling

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi frnds,

Can a idoc adapter be scheduled for a particular time? i dont think so.

Anyways my reqrmnt is that file has to be picked up by PI and IDoc should be created but shouldnt be posted immediately.It should be posted the next day.

any inputs for this.

Thanks,

venkat

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think it is not possible to schedule availability timing on an Idoc adapter.

Rather you can try the below approach.

Set availability timing at the sender channel itself. Even though you receive messages / files , they would not be processed. Once the channel would be available, all the messages / files would be processed and they would create idocs immediately.

I dont think we can collect Idocs in XI and push them as a normal interface. If this is supposed to happen, you can even think of using BPM.

Thank you.

Regards,

Subbu

Former Member
0 Kudos

@ Subbu

Set availability timing at the sender channel itself. Even though you receive messages / files , they would not be processed. Once the channel would be available, all the messages / files would be processed and they would create idocs immediately.

This approach is not possible. How you expect to receive file if the channel is not available !!

I dont think we can collect Idocs in XI and push them as a normal interface. If this is supposed to happen, you can even think of using BPM.

Yes, we can collect messages in PI but it's not a good idea to do that - performance can be hit big time.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

Adapters on java stack can be scheduled.. but IDOC adapter cannot as it is not on java stack. as a result u will not see the option in comm channel monitoring in RWB.

Have u seen this blog by sravya on IDOC packaging?

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/%2520wlg/2801

Or probably u can give a tr to even driven processign of messages in XI base don ur business scenario

/people/alexander.bundschuh/blog/2006/01/04/scheduling-messages-in-sap-xi

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks guys for spending your valuble time

RKothari
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I guess you need to schedule report RBDAPP01 such that Inbound Idoc gets processed next day.

-Rahul

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Anyways my reqrmnt is that file has to be picked up by PI and IDoc should be created but shouldnt be posted immediately.It 
should be posted the next day.

Then why pick the file on same day...

Have two folders in the file server (present_day and next_day)....keep on collecting the files in the present_day folder...at the end of the day move all the files into next_day folder (with the help of a script)....have your File channel polling the next_day folder.

Send the data to SAP system as and when file is generated in file server....run a job in SAP system that only on the next day the data to be uploaded in the particular table.

Regards,

Abhishek.