cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enhancement Implementation in Webdynpro ABAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I created a custom Webdynpro Application and then an Enhancement Implementation to hide a UI Element. So I clicked on the UI Element ,created an Enhancement ,made the Element invisible ,saved and Activated the Enhancement Implementation. Now how can I test and use it with the Webdynpro Application?

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Regards.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, as sarbjeet said, once you created and activated the enhancement implementation, just test the WD application, by right clicking on WD application and then 'Test' option.

For more information you can follow

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/700317da-bd79-2c10-368e-8f18bf5d8...

Thanks,

Prashant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks I followed the document and was able to create and test an Enhancement successfully. Also in the document it is mentioned to create a View as an Enhancement , so what is the use and purpose of the same.?

Thanks again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Developer,

Enhancing a view means, suppose if u want enhance any UI elements or some code we gor for enhancement implementations.

Thanks,

Kris.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Suppose you have one std WD application with one view, say VIEW1 and you want to add one more custom view in to the same application having some extra functionality, then you can do this enhancement.

In other way, if you want to add more number of view elements in the same view VIEW1, generally, we create new view say VIEW2 with extra view elements. We add ViewElementContainer inside the VIEW1 (Offcourse in enmhamcement) and place that newly created view inside the ViewElementContainer from VIEW1.

Later explaied part is having gr8 advantage in maintaining the layout enhancement. Rather than adding more number of view elements in already existing view, we just add it to the seperate view.

Hope, above explaination is clear to you. If you need more, Please let me know.

Thanks,

Prashant

gill367
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Enhancement means adding something else or modifying the existing.

so you can add as many views or windows or modify the existing one.

everything will be stored in the enhancement and then you can activate this implementation and

for reverting back aal the changes you can delete the enhancement.

thanks

sarbjeet singh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

gill367
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

automatically it will be showing its affect in the web dynpro application

once you have enhaced and activated the enhancement. after that simply test the application. it will show the effects

of enhancement and nothing else needed to be done.

if you want to revert back all the changes then just delete the enhancement.

thanks

sarbjeet singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sarbjeet,

I want to make couple of fields invisible in the Stand Webdynpro Component. When iam using the Enhance option, i cant able to change the properties of the existing UI elements. Atleast i cant align them(top/bottom ..etc).

But i can create the new view / window.