cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integration Process - Exception Handling

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have developed an integration process, which call web-service, and catch it's exception. The problem is that the WS returns generic exception (SYSTEM) for all exceptions, but with different text for each one.

Is there any way to get the exception text (the text itself and not the type), analyze it and handle the process correspondingly?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

WIthin the exception block of your BPM, you can have a transformation step and this transformation / mapping will check for all kinds of erros and will map it to some different constant for every error and then , you can havce a SWITCH step that will switch over this to determine the kind of error and you can do the needful in each SWTICH condition.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all for the quick reply.

However, I have been able to find a solution yet.

Udo Martens - Which message type should be adapted? generic (for all kind of exceptions) or local one?

RAJEEV GUPTA - Should I create suitable message interface object with exception structure or there is any other way to get the exception message contents?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shai,

When you are calling the web-service method in BPM, put it in a block.....in the exception branch of the block, the control will go when the web-service will give exception.........so then put a switch in the exception branch - put the exception message as a condition for switching - do switching on basis of message text - and in the switch branches, do what you want to do for those exceptions.

Hope it solves your query.

Thanks,

Rajeev Gupta

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shai,

yes of course. The response container resp the abstr interface / the message type for it has to be adapted, that it can receive the message as well in case of WS exception. The easiest way is to have optional fields.

You can put a condition on that field and let act the process in a suitable way.

Regards,

Udo