cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RWB: Message monitoring in PI7.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello PI experts,

I hope someone can guide to the right direction or not sure if this is the right forum . we are in PI7.1 and in Runtime workbench messages look like getting deleted in 1 day or so. Being from basis i am not sure if there needs to be some type of parameter changes that needs to be done to keep these messages for longer time (lets say 20 days). when we log in to RWB >> Message Monitoring >>for Adapter Engine>> and then selection Free entry from drop down and giving the dates parameter it currently does not show old messages. If anyone could tell me exactly where we can increase this duration to keep the messages longer period of time I would really appreciate it. Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

RKothari
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

The default value of messages in Adapter engine is 30 days.

If you are unable to check the older messages, than please check the below mentioned parameters value in NWA.

NWA-->Configuration Management --> Infrastructure --> Java System Properties --> Details --> Services

Name: XPI Adapter:XI

xiadapter.inbound.persistDuration.default

xiadapter.inbound.timeout.default

-Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks everyone for your replies.

Rahul,

xiadapter.inbound.persistDuration.default= 86400000 (default)

xiadapter.inbound.timeout.default= 300000 (default)

There has to be some settings for archiving or deleting older messages. Could this be done in SXMB_ADM Tcode ? if not please suggest me where else this could be set up so i could change this settings in a way that it will keep these messages for longer period of time.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Archive parameters can be set by interfaces in SXMB_ADM ->Define Interfaces for Archiving and Retention Periods

You can look at the Retention period for your interface here...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kris,

Thanks for your response and helpful suggestion. SXMB_ADM seems to be for Integration Engine ...would this be applicable for Adapter engine related messages too?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry, it is for integration engine only...

Check the xiadapter.inbound.persistDuration.default= 86400000 (default) property as stated by Rahul It is maintained in MS and based on the current value, it looks like 14400 minutes or 10 days... so it doesn't make sense that messages are not available for more than 1 days unless there is a custom value?

check the following OSS notes

Note 791379 - XI Adapter service properties documentation

816022 - FAQ: XI/PI 3.0/7.0/7.1 J2EE Adapter Engine/Messaging System

791655 - Documentation of the XI Messaging System Service Properties

and following SDN blog /people/deepak.shah/blog/2010/04/22/archiving-deletion-of-messages-in-pi--part-4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kris,

Sorry about wrong info, actually i just found that there are some messages upto 6-7 days older not 1 day (as i previosly mentioned).I will try your suggestions.

Lalit, Thanks, since there are 6-7 days older messages .. iam not sure if your suggestion would do anything. I can already see its set default 24 hours..and still i can see some older messages (6-7days). But i cannot see last week's, i want to be able to see upto lets say 20-30 days older too. Anay other suggestions?

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can change the value for property persistduration (there is a custom value tab) in NWA to 259200000 MS and the messages should be persisted for 30 days...please note that this property is valid for new messages only and your existing messages will get deleted after 10 days...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kris,

Thanks again. I will try your reccomendations. Do I need to bounce Java after this parameter change or not needed? thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I do not think restart will be required...And SAP help does not specifically mention restart is required... http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi71/helpdata/en/a7/c3d341c4cbc317e10000000a155106/frameset.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kris,

I have changed this parameter but still no luck. But in DEV it has been working just fine, meaning that i could see old messages. Any other suggestions ?

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

r_s_kulkarni11
Participant
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

DK

Do following -->

RWB --> Component Monitoring --> (Select) Adapter Engine --> Status (Tab)

Select Background Processing

you will find a "Default Delete Job" with the frequency of 24 hours, just change the frequency.

You dont need to do any other changes.

former_member472138
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Can you execute this report RSXMB_MESSAGE_STATISTICS2 and see whether messages are really getting deleted or juss in case you forget to change the filter criteria.

But still there is a parameter in Visual admin which tells, how long the Java stack should cache the messages, after that its removed from cached memory.

Regards

Pothan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the archive jobs are running ...

if you are not aware of the archive jobs then search the SDN for the same

HTH

Rajesh

former_member204873
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

RWB --> Message Monitoring --> Messages from Component = Adapter Engine --> From = Archive  Click Display button.

At Filter select From Date and To Date --> click Start button. Then you can able to see the archived messages from Adapter Engine.

Thanks.