cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Write More Than 255 character

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi... Experts,

Good Morning. Actually my problem is, in table field we can add only 255 characters but I want to write more than 255 characters upto 10000 char. This table am using in webdynpro application. I enter the character through webdynpro only, But this data wil going to stored in table and I can display that all character in webdynpro screens. can any one tel me how to add more than 255 characters in my table field.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member206441
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Try with this data type LRAW in the table.

Regards

Arun.P

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

Am using LRAW Datatype but its also display only 255 characters. Any other solution is there

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

gill367
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

if you are entring the data from webdynpro and then sending it to the backend table. then check the table in Data DIC in se11

and check the data type for the attribute which is mapped to this UI field and give the same data type here also.

or when you create the context node for the table to be dislp[ayed in the display , use a structure mapping there itself then

both types will be same at both the places i.e. in the backend and web dynpro . and it will allow you to enter same value here also.

thanks

sarbjeet singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Already I done this work. But I want to save more than 255 character in table particular field(Actually now am using CHAR Data type and tryd all those data types). If any other possilities is there to store more than 255 character in that field.

gill367
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

wt is the data type for this field in the backend

thanks

sarbjeet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Now am using CHAR Data type...

gill367
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

OK you are using char in the web dynpro application . but are you sending this value to some table in the database also.

or you just want to display in the web dynpro page only.

thanks

sarbjeet singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.. Srbjeet,

Am enter the dats from webdynpro but this data wil going to stored in particular table field.. SO if I enterd more than 255 character it wil going to stored only 255 characters. But I want to store all the characters in my table field...

gill367
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

OK karthikeyan..

See the flow is like that.

let us assume the table is z_details

and the field where you are having the problem is address of this table z_details

weddynpro -

>>>>>> backend table

address |'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''| -

> z_details-address

now this input field will be bound to one context attribute.

details

---address

select this attribute and check in the properties what is the type.

then go to se11 and check the type there.

thanks

sarbjeet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi...

My Attribute type is ZCOC_QUESTIONARIES-ANS.....

Former Member
0 Kudos

SE11 Table DAta Type is Char only....