cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GRMG Lite HTTPS ITS URL with login and character search

Former Member
0 Kudos

In Solution Manager I have configured GRMG Lite to monitor an HTTPS ITS URL with a login and then seach for a character string. My Parameters look like the following:

P_XXX

AVAILABLE_RESPONSE_CODES

2+,3+

P_XXX

CCMSPING_AGENT

Optional

P_XXX

CHECK_STRING_1

Workflow

P_XXX

CHECK_STRING_2

Optional

P_XXX

CHECK_STRING_3

Optional

P_XXX

GET_OR_HEAD

GET

P_XXX

GET_RUN_TIME

Optional

P_XXX

LOGON_CLIENT

Optional

P_XXX

LOGON_PASSWORD

PW

P_XXX

LOGON_USER

<user_id>

P_XXX

PROXY_HOST

Optional

P_XXX

PROXY_LOGON_CLIENT

Optional

P_XXX

PROXY_LOGON_PASSWORD

Optional

P_XXX

PROXY_LOGON_USER

Optional

P_XXX

PROXY_SERVICE

Optional

P_XXX

RECURSION_LIMIT

P_XXX

SSL_CLIENT_ID

DFAULT

P_XXX

USE_BASIC_AUTHENTICATION

Optional

P_XXX

USE_EXTERNAL_BROWSER

Optional

P_XXX

USE_PROXY_AUTHENTICATION

Optional

I have also loaded the root certificate from the CA and the certificate from the HTTPS link into STRUST under the 'SSL client SSL Client (Standard)' entry.

The status in RZ20 is: GRMG check indicator chain - CHECK_STRING_1: Workflow was not found in HTTP response.

Anyone have any suggestions on what may be wrong or any log files I can check?

Thanks and regards!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joe,

I have configured GRMG lite HTTP URL and its working fine for me.

I wanted to configure the same GRMG Lite for HTTPS URL monitoring. could you please provide the procedure to do the same.

It would be highly appreciated

Thanks,

Sathya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

>

> The status in RZ20 is: GRMG check indicator chain - CHECK_STRING_1: Workflow was not found in HTTP response.

>

This means word 'Workflow' is not found in your http page. Did you cross check that?

Seems like its working fine.

Feel free to revert back.

-=-Ragu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ragu,

Yes, I verified that the search term 'Workflow' is correct. The search term is on the second html page after login. I can perform a character search on the inital login html page with no problems. So, this leads me to believe that the login is not successful and the check on the 2nd page is not occurring.

My thoughts on moving forward are this. Since this is older ITS 6.20 technology, GRMG may no be passing the login parameters correctly. I believe that I can encode the login / password / language parameters in the URL to test directly from a browser. How can I tell what URL GRMG is testing for comparison? Is it only the URL that I have specified, or does GRMG append the login credentials to the URL i have specified?

Your help is appreaciated.

Thanks,

Joe

Former Member
0 Kudos

To Joe: If you haven't resolved this, you should try to see what the HTTP traffic looks like at the ITS side: if the web server logs do not provide sufficient information, try a Wireshark trace.

To Sathya: try setting SSL_CLIENT_ID to ANONYM (as described in [the help|https://cw.sdn.sap.com/cw/docs/DOC-16469]). You may also need to import the Certificate Authority's cert into anonymous SSL client of SolMan's STRUST. If that doesn't work, you would be better served by creating your own question rather than tacking on a request on another question -- see the rules of engagement.

Regards,

Sean