cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMD Success Stories?

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have spend hundreds of hours getting SolMan, SMD and Introscope to run (and will be putting in more time yet to make it work properly because at the moment it still is not supplying all the data it should.) We have yet to see any benefit other than the ability to (with difficulty) download support packages that we could previously download (without difficulty.)

So - if anyone has a success story (not an SMD installation success story, although, come to think of it, it would be nice to know that it can eventually be made to run in a stable manner without continual tweaking) but a benefit success story where SMD has made a useful contribution in excess of its cost of installation and maintenance, then I will be very, very excited to hear it.

Come on! Lets hear it.

Russ.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nothing? Not even:

I installed SMD and the next day my lost dog came home...?

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have it installed, and now the Java performance monitoring section of the EWA reports is populated. That exposed some discrepancies in JVM settings between D/Q/P in one landscape, and identified that the number of GCs in production were excessive and could possible cause a crash under heavy load.

Also, SMD has an agent for the automatic distribution of maintenance certificates to Java stacks. Currently those are not required for JSPM to work, but the writing is on the wall that they will be required eventually.

Regards,

Sean

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Russel,

We've set it up (plenty of times).

What can I say...... it helps to practise

Now it only takes a few hours to setup.

Besides the fact that SAP has labelled it as a requirement for enterprise support, there are some other benefits.

One I'm excited about is change diagnostics, makes the "blame-game" so much easier

Regards,

David

Edited by: David Kroone on Jan 12, 2011 10:05 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have been Installed sucessfully.

Regards,

Narsimha T