cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tracking Invoice Document Changes - payment blocks

VinceN
Discoverer
0 Kudos

We are trying to track changes to payment blocks on our system, as we have had several issues & questions. Based on my research, I expected that if an invoice is unblocked manually using transaction code MRBR an entry appears in the invoice change document list (MIR4 >Goto > Display change documents). I expected that this would appear in table CDHDR as an entry with object INCOMINGINVOICE.

Unfortunately, I am not seeing this behavior in our system. However, we can see the changes if we move from viewing the invoice in MIR4 to the associated FI document in FB03, and then select Environment > Document Changes. In this case, I can see the records in table CDHDR as an entry with object BELEG.

There are 3 possibilities that I can think of:

1) The documentation regarding MIR4 and the INCOMINGINVOICE was wrong/old & it no longer works that way.

2) It is a program bug.

3) It is configurable.

Can someone please help explain this to us? We feel like we may be missing some changes that users are making.

Thanks,

Vince

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

VinceN
Discoverer
0 Kudos

I understand that MRBR updates CDHDR table (using the BELEG object type, not the INCOMINGINVOICE object type)

My question is: I don't understand why you cannot view any document changes from MIR4 (MIR4 >Goto > Display change documents).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vince,

The difference you are seeing between FB03 and MIR4 is because they are two different documents. The explanation may not be 100% accurate but it's how I view the process.

When an invoice is created via MIRO two documents are created (there may be more but for this let's settle for 2). One is the MM document which you can then view via MIR4. This document never changes. I don't believe there are any fields on this document that can be changed. If there are it would only be texts.... The other document is the FI document (accounting) - you view this document via FB03. You can make some changes to this document (payment terms, reference # to name a few). NO changes you make to the FI document will be reflected in the MM document.

Sandra

VinceN
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Sandra- Thanks for your explanation. If it is truly the case that the MM document does not change, then I guess that answers my question ... except that it doesn't explain why the option to view document changes in MIR4 (>Goto > Display change documents) is even available.

Does anyone know if the payment block field is even stored with the MM version of the document? I can only find the payment block field (ZLSPR) on the BSEG table, which I believe is an FI table.

Thanks,

Vince

former_member192897
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is your question Invoiced Released manually through MRBR should appear in CDHDR table?

Ofcourse it will be updated in CDHDR table with Tcode MRBR.

By the by which version are you into?