cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ext Lib with Mobile Application for Handheld

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've created an external library DC with public parts to expose a jar file to other development components. I created an enterprise application with a dependency on the external library in order to deploy the external library to the application server. I created a mobile application UI component with a dependency on the enterprise application and external library. Everything builds, deploys, and runs OK locally.

When I try to upload the enterprise application (EAR) to the DOE using T-Code SDOE_UPLOAD_ARCHIVE, I get the message "File with Extension Other than SDA/SCA Encountered: Could Not Upload It!".

I can convert the EAR file to a SDA using the utility make_SDA.bat located in C:\usr\sap\ce1\j00\j2ee\deployment\scripts. However, when uploading the resulting SDA file to the DOE using SDOE_UPLOAD_ARCHIVE, I get the message "Non Mobile SDA demo.sap.com~myextlibapp.sda Encountered".

How do I upload the external library development component to the DOE?

Or is there another way to create/use an external library within a mobile handheld application?

Thanks for the replies.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member53099
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ryan

please follow the steps given in the below link to make a mobile SDA file.

<http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwmobile71/helpdata/EN/97/6be827d2fb4f6db3580fb1b054b90a/frameset.htm>

Usually the SDA accepted by DOE contains an inner SDA file, which in turn contains the war/ear files of the application/dc

You can check the structure of the SDA created by your utility from the one seen in the above link.

Hope this helps

Regards

vaidehi