cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adobe Form Print Problem - Header is cut off without print preview

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are currently experiencing a problem when trying to print Adobe forms. We have created several forms and are experiencing the same issue with all forms. The issue occurs when we are trying to print a form. If we choose a print preview prior to printing, the form looks normal and prints fine. However, if we do a direct print (i.e. no print preview), then the top part of the form is cut off. It's almost like all of that data on the form gets shifted upward, cutting off about 1/2" to an 1" from the top of the form. We have tried printing to different printers and are ending up with the same results each time. We do not experience this issue with SAPScript.

I have searched several threads and haven't been able to find an issue quite like the one we are experiencing.

Has anyone ever exeperienced a problem like this before?

Currently using Adobe LiveCycle Designer 8.1.2 and are on Netweaver 7.00 EhP1.

Thank you for any help.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I believe this completely a design issue.

If you can send me the xml source code or the XDP I can quickly let you know if there is a issue related there.

can you explain the form structue and behaviour once...?

Also did you try to print any of the standard test from , how does they print ...?

Cheers,

Sai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sai,

Thank you for your response. This is also occurring with SAP forms. I just executed FP_TEST_03 (form FP_TEST_03_TABLE) and did a print preview of the form prior to printing and everything was aligned and it printed normal. When I sent it directly to the spool, the text on the bottom of the form got pushed all the way to the bottom while the logo on the top as well as the data in the middle was pushed upward.

Printing from Adobe seems to work fine, however sending to the spool is causing alignment issues.

Any ideas?

Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am going to go ahead and close this thread as I believe we have found a solution. Sai is correct that there is an issue with the design.

If anyone else runs into this problem, take a look at note 968394 that talks about differences between print preview and printing from spool. When you are in the print preview dialog box, under "Page Scaling," the default is "Shrink to printable area." So if your form went outside the margins, it would shrink to fit giving you the impression that the problem is not with the print preview rather than the form itself.

After moving the header stuff down a bit everything is printing normal both through the spool and via print preview.

Thank you!

Answers (0)