cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tax calculation in SRM from ECC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All

Our requirement is to validate the ship to address entered by an user in SRM shopping cart.

We thought about activating tax calculation in SRM ( by making a call to ECC) , so that the address will be automatically checked & return an error if Tax jurisdiction is not found.

However it turns out that in ECC , the tax jurisdiction is not unique for a given address.

For each address ECC returns two Tax jurisdictions ( One for Out of City & One for in City).

Is there a way to influence ECC and make it always select one of the found Tax jurisdictions.

Is there any other means of checking that the SHip to address is correct ??

Thanks

Kedar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Ramki
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

How are tax jurisdiction & this validation are related ?

Understand that your requirement is to validate the ship to address entered by an user in SRM shopping cart.

-- > Can we go back to your requirement & see if there is any other solution ?

-> What is the validation expected here? (or what is a valid ship-to-address)

Best regards,

Ramki

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ramki !

Our Users should enter the correct combination of City , Zip code, Region and Country when entering

their own ad-hoc addresses in shopping carts.

If Tax calculation is enabled then this is taken care of ,as any wrong combination returns the error " Tax Jurisdiction not found".

However as I mentioned earlier our FICO is set up peculiarly in ECC.

For most Zip code, city and county combinations , there are two tax jurisdictions ( one for in city and one for out of city).

So when SRM calls , ECC can't decide which Tax Jurisdiction to return and hence always returns the error.

I researched on this and no SRM BADI seems relevant. Is there any ECC user exit or any other way??

Thanks

Kedar

Former Member
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello People

Is there anyway in ECC to always select one of the available Tax jurisdictions. I am trying to bypass the error :" Jurisdiction code could not be determined".

Thanks

Kedar