cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FileContent Conversion Error...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In a File to File scenario, I need to drop the flat file in the FTP server, Here when the data is not populated an empty structure will be created in such cases i need not drop an empty file in the FTP server.

so i have used Empty message handling in the processing tab of File adapter-- I have set the option to Ignore.

In the FCC, i dont require any field seperator.

My Structure is:

Header:

Field1 - Length 5 of type string

Field2 - Length 5 of type string

Field3 - Length 5 of type string

Field4 - Length 5 of type string

Output should look like:

ValueofField1ValueofField2ValueofField3ValueofField4

ForEg:

Header:

Field1 -- aa

Field2 -- bb

Field3 -- cc

Field4 -- dd

Output should look like:

aabbccdd

The FileContent converison which i used in my receiver File Adapter as follows:

Header.fieldFixedLengths --5,5,5,5

Header.fixedLengthTooShortHandling Ignore

Header.endSeparator 'nl'

so while i run the scenario during the contents with payload the file is getting generated successfully during handling empty files i am getting the blank file at the output directory. so can anyone suggest how to suppress this blank file

Thanks,

-- Sai

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the Sender File channel, under Processing tab try selecting "Skip Empty Files" for Empty-File Handling.

Regards,

Aravind

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can any one throw some light on this issue, still i am facing this issue..

Thanks,

sai

RKothari
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Here when the data is not populated an empty structure will be created in such cases i need not drop an empty file in the FTP server

Can you try not to populate any empty structure and test your interface.

I guess, you can make your target root node with minimum occurance as 0.

-Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i cannot change the output occurence reason being when i change the occurence in message mapping using signature tab the structure is getting chagned but i need to ignore the blank file.

can u suggest some thing which ignores the empty file.. actually when i see the empty file size i found it with some 150 bytes, i think the spaces are getting populated in the empty file

so how could such files should be ignored.

Thanks,

--sai

RKothari
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please check the Q 31 in SAP Note 821267 - FAQ: XI 3.0 / PI 7.0/ PI 7.1 File Adapter.

-Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Still facing the issue can anyone throw some light how to handle such files and ignore them in target directory..

Thanks,

Sai

Former Member
0 Kudos

It sounds strange that the empty message handling doesn't seem to work (probably there is a empty line in there). But in the receiver determination you can't put a check whether any of the first fields has content in it (if not, just dump it in some trash directory)?