cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CBS Request performance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

During the processing of CBS requests at some point the request holds for like 10 minutes, apparently doing nothing,

Analyzing the request.log files showed me the place where it is "holding". It holds in the

===== Post-Processing ===== ... Analyze effect of applied changes to buildspace state Handle Cycles... Here the request "holds" Determine components that have become DIRTY due to the results of this request ...

As several internal builds can be generated by an activation request, several "10 minutes holds" are generated and therefore up to hours of processing times of activation requests.

Does anybody know what's happening at that stage?

Has anybody an idea how to eleminate these "10 minutes holds"?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Alain

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Patrick,

see this for the answer:

Best Regards,

Ervin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alain,

There is more than one reason for this behavior. It could be a database issue, poor NWDI performance or even broken or dirty DC's. If you have broken or dirty DC's please take a look at the following SAP documentation:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/30b7c94e-fc6b-2910-30b8-d34a7b513...

What happens very often is that you forget to import some SC's which are maintained in the track configuration. Check whether all software components have been imported into the corresponding buildspace.

Another option could be poor NWDI performance, as I mentioned before. For this case please take a look on the following SAP notes:

1356616 - Poor NWDI performance in release 7.01

1361525 - Poor DTR performance in 701 and 702 releases

By the way, would you mind telling us on which NW release and SP level are you running? If none of the above solutions work then we should check some logs to see exactly what is the root cause of the issue.

Regards,

Jonas Cella

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jonas,

Thanks for your response.

We don not have a problem with broken/dirty DC's or misssing SCA's: all builds are succesful. In fact, every request is succesful. It's just that it takes so long (as I mentioned over 10 minutes) and it always holds on the same spot in the request.

During this hold-up, the logs are showing no errors or warnings, just some autorization checks for the NWDI admin-user.

I checked together with the guys from the Basis-team all the settings of the Database, the J2EE server and CBS-service against the recommended ones from SAP and they all look fine.

We are running a MaxDb 7.7 database and NetWeaver 7.00 SP15 on a 64bit system with 32G memory. The J2EE engine is also 64bit with 2G heap size.

Regards,

Alain.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alain,

So the system just hangs for about 10 minutes? And it keep working if you wait more or it crashes? Anything else happens?

It is normal this process take some time, if the process finishes without errors and as you mentioned, the system is configured correctly, there's no reason to worry about it.

Regards,

Jonas Cella

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We have solved the issue!

After intensively searching the forum I found some recommendations about updating the database statistics to improve the performance of the CBS.

After executing this database command by our SAP Basis team the execution of CBS requests had a normal completion time. We did not see any hold-ups anymore in the request.log files.

So keep your database statistics up to date!

Regards,

Alain.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alain,

Can you please provide some detail around "recommendations about updating the database statistics to improve the performance of the CBS."

Thanks,

Patrick