cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trigger e-mails and maintenance notification condition based?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hİ all,

For machine breakdowns and problems in shop floor, our client wants MII to send email to managers for some events and generate a maintenance notification in ECC for some other events.

Should we read and check analog tag values always to reach some condition defined in MII before? How should we generate maintenance notifications automatically(condition based)? Should we read Alarms and events that are already definedn in WinCC? Kindly share your ideas on this issue if this is considerable or not.

Thanks,

Hamza.

Edited by: HamzaCeylan on Jan 10, 2011 4:53 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can do as you suggest by having the limits set inside of MII, but I would suggest that you investigate using PCo for creating event notifications for the different conditions you wish to monitor.

Sending an email or creating a maintenance notification could be two different transactions receiving the event notificaiton from PCo.

Regards,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Michael,

Thanks for the reply, it seems useful.

Is it possibe to use PCo notification process in MII 12.1?

For sudden events, WinCC system has already defiined alarm and events for some conditions. Is'nt there any possibility to use these alarms and events for sake of condition based event triggering?

Thanks in advance.

Hamza

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

While not familar with WinCC, I still believe that you can use the events and alarms of it to trigger event notifications to MII via PCo. From MII, you can then use the action blocks in the transaction editor to send emails or generate Maintenance Notifications. For the notifications, I believe there are already transactions available in the SAP Function Module downloads available from the MII wikii.

Good luck,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do you know what kind of interfaces WinCC provides to communicate with the outside world?

PCo 2.1 supports OPC Alarms & Events specifications , may be you can explore this angle and find out if Win CC A& E complies with OPC A&E.

Once you've established that then it'll be easier to decide if you can use PCo or some other interface.

Thanks

Udayan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Updayan,

Yes, WinCC has OPC AE server. But we couln't connect it via Pco yet.

Hamza.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey that is great!

I am sure you eventually will.

Keep the forum posted.

Thanks

Udayan

Answers (0)