cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Document deletion - MCDOKDEL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Friends,

I have a problem with document deletion in SAP DMS.

Documents were marked with deletion indicator which i deleted with report MCDOKDEL. These documents are no longer available in the system (no result with CV03N). Document hierarchy was maintained for these docuemnts.

These documents are still visible in document hierarchy (with decription deleted) under superior document. I want to permanently remove these document records from the system. Please help.

Regards,

Rohit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

The activities to delete the doucment are all correct. Kindly check in the transaction SE38 as soon as when you Enter

MCDOKDEL, here you can find the system gives three options as Document Type, Test Mode, and Execute Checks. When u want

to delete the document from the system then u should not mark for TEST MODE option.

After doing this activity kind now check the Hierrarchy u will find only one document. so kindly, DONOT MARK "x" IN THE

TEST MODE.

hope this will help your query

Regards

Kannan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Kannan,

Actually I deleted documents without test mode only and they were gone from the list (MCDOKDEL).

I checked it again after 3 - 4 hours and they were removed from the system. The issue is solved but I dont know why there was such a delay in actual execution and final deletion from the system.

Thanks,

Rohit