cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CBS - Activity Request state is queued

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have made some changes to the standard ESS "Ben" component. I have check-in the components. I have Activated the components in NWDS. But the status of the Activity (i.e the request state) in the CBS is shown as "QUEUED".

Can anybody please let me know why the Activity is Queued? what needs to be done to Activate the activity successfully?

Sujata

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

as soon as the build was succesful, the change gets deployed. In case of dev and/or cons we talk about asynchronous deployment, i.e. the change gets deployed only after the build was succesful. Until that the request is queued in the TCS deployer queue. When the build finished, the request is taken from the TCS queue and the real deployment takes place.

http://<host>:<port>/TCS/Deployer. (only for the sake of completeness: for test/prod we have synchronous deployment, so this case we don't use the TCS Deployer)

Still I believe that perhaps the problem investigation should be started on an earlier stage, before the deployment.

This is why I sent the Troubleshooting guide. If CBS is up and running that is fine, but here when the activity is queued it is most likely about the queueing for CBS request processing, not for the TCS deployer, so I'd check other things first whether the idleStart is accidentally set tu true (or wasn't even changed to false, since the default value is true), or the request processing for CBS is switched off, etc. I'd recommend to walk through the troubleshooting guide first. If you use NWDI for the first time, then you have a big chance that the cbs request processing remains queued due to the mentioned idleStart parameter.

If this is not the case, then you can also check log files of cbs, cms, or the defaultTrace for any other reasons:

-...\j2ee\cluster\server<n>\log\applications\cms.<n>.log

-...\j2ee\cluster\server<n>\sap.com\tcdtrenterpriseapp\dtr.<n>.log

-...\j2ee\cluster\server<n>\log\services\tc.CBS.Service\cbs.<n>.log

-...\j2ee\cluster\server<n>\log\defaultTrace.<n>.trc

Best Regards,

Ervin

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

please check the troubleshooting guide:

https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/TechTSG/%28NWDI%29%28CBS%29Q0010

Regards,

Ervin

pramod_gopisetty1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. Check the TCS Deployer, active buildspace and see if the requests are queued there

2. In CBS Web UI check if the requests are queued in the Buildspace

Solution for 1. Trigger the deployment manually in TCS Deployer for the Buildspace in Discussion

Solution for 2. In Visual Admin of NWDI server - Check if the CBS service is stopped if so restart the service and the requests will be processed.

At time you have to increase the memory in NWDI to process the requests faster.

Hope this helps.

Cheers-

Pramod

Edited by: Pramod on Jan 10, 2011 2:10 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pramod,

the CBS is up and running. What is a TCS deployer? where can we find that?