cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Defining a FlatFile Structure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have confusion in How to define a flat file structure? My scenario is SAP-XI-Flat File, Where I am creating a PO in SAP this PO has to send as flat file. I know the structure of flat file. But my doubt is that how to define Line items and Schedule Line items ….I tried in creating DT as single structure in which I have defined Line times(polineitem) and schedule(poschedule) line items as (1..unbounded).

Structure looks like….

<DT_PurchaseOrderCreate>

<recordset>

<poheader>…….</poheader>

<polineitem>…..</polineitem>

<poschedule>…..</poschedule>

</recordset>

</DT_PurchaseOrderCreate>

and file content conversion should be single line with .txt file with tab as delimiter. Will be there any problem in file content conversion? Kindly let me know whether my approach is correct in creation a Flat File structure.

Thanks in Advance

Gowri K

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

check this weblog also...

/people/anish.abraham2/blog/2005/06/08/content-conversion-patternrandom-content-in-input-file

sekhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks moorthy,

Yes my flat file should be one line (.txt) with tab as delimiter. Will be there any problem in File Content Conversion at the reciever end.... if I create.. Header data, Line item data and Schedule Line item in the same level.

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No there will not be any problem. One good thing here is you are going with delimiter. So it is easier when compared to fixedfield lengths.

So go positively..

Regards,

moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Moorthy!! Points given

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

do you need to get all the segments of PO document into one line ?

if so , your flat structure should contain one segment with all the fields.

If so, your structure is right one.

/people/venkat.donela/blog/2005/03/03/introduction-to-simple-file-xi-filescenario-and-complete-walk-through-for-starterspart2

More-

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/d2/bab440c97f3716e10000000a155106/content.htm

Regards,

moorthy