cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer DP to SN & PP/DS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear APO Expert,

I need to understand what the difference Between Transfer DP to SNP & PP/DS through Mass Processing And /SAPAPO/MC90

I need to see Distinctive so i can Differentiate between them

Appreciate Your Help

Regrda

Rami

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Rami,

You can see the detail differences mentioned in the note 403050.

Also kindly note the difference when the period split profile is used in online and background jobs. In the case of online (//mc90) release dates mentioned by you will be taken into account where as in background job the planning horizon is taken into account(since you can't maintain release dates in background job). Check note 1377220 for this.

I hope the above information helped you.

Thanks and Regards,

Nithin.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Releasing Demand plan with mass processing ( Background planning job)

Releasing Demand plan with mass processing procedure is used for releasing Large amounts of data, such as complete planning books, from Demand Planning to Supply Network Planning (SNP) or PPDS in the background.

Herein we create a planning job and run scheule it to run in background.

You may have a look at detailed help at URL below:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm70/helpdata/en/5f/176d4160168147e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

Releasing the Demand Plan Online ( Transaction : /SAPAPO/MC90).

This procedure is used to release a limited amount of data (only a few location products) from Demand Planning to Supply Network Planning (SNP) / PPDS . If we try to release too much data with this transaction (for example, large planning books), memory problems are likely to occur because the system tries to read all the data simultaneously.

You may have a look at detailed help at URL below:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm70/helpdata/en/5f/176d4160168147e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

I hope this gives insight.

Regards

Datta