cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation Sap NetWeaver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good morning. Gentlemen,

I'm needing to perform the installation of SAP NetWeaver, but can not find documentation to help me. Can anyone help me? Thank you. Thiago Pessoa

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thanks for those links, they are very helpful. The only catch I have is at the end it says "install SAPGUI and start using your system". I have installed SAPGUI but after creating a custom application server entry with the relivent 'application server', 'instance number' and 'system id' (I don't know if you need a SAProuter string) it just sits there saying "Connecting - please wait...". Any ideas?

Ben

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you sure the correct hostname and system number is maintained in sapgui?

You can also try opening the GUI this way:

Goto Start-> Run-> sapgui <hostame> <sysnr>

Rgds,

Soujanya

Former Member
0 Kudos

No I am not 100% sure I am geting the system id right. Unfortunately I began the setup of this test system almost 1 month ago and then had to stop working on it until only this week.

I know the hostname is definately correct and I found a section that indicates what the system id is but is there a way to find out what the instance number is?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have scrapped the server and started again this time following the instructions alot closer however I am to the point where it is asking me Check Solution Manager Key. As a result I am currently download another 15GB of Solution Manager just for a key?

I got to be honest I just want a basic setup with some test data to see how a sap system might work for evaluation purposes and I have been beating myself over the head with this now for well over a week.

Is there not a sample system you can install?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Once you have installed the Solutions manager I assume you need to use the SAPGUI to log into it to start the SMSY process. I am having a problem where it will only let me except with the following username:

j2ee_admin

sldapiuser

Both of these users don't have access. I actually set the passwords all to the same for every ueser (this is just a test system) but obviously I don't know what username I should be using to access the SMSY section.

Ben

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok I thikn I got it sorted

sap*

seems to be the admin usersname - at least it has access tot he SMSY page.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

For SAP installation guides refer to URL -

http://help.sap.com/content/documentation/netweaver/index.htm

Regards.