cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Combine/merge two fields in syndication manager

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can any one do let me know is it possible to combine two or more than two fields and syndicate while syndication?

Thanks

Rajeev

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member207367
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev,

Combining two or more fields do you mean repository fields or outside fields.

if you want to combine repository fields during the syndication, you can use Custom Items tab in syndictor.

you can go through this link http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/80eac0fb-ad4a-2b10-af9d-e605b6298...

please refer to Custom Items section in MDM Syndicator reference guide page 121( i am refering to the document 7.1 SP3).

You can also do that by defining a calculated field in the repository

Define a calculated field in console and in its expression you can concatenate n number of your repository fields which can map to a destination field in syndication.

Example:

House number

Street

Country

Region

Can be combined in to single field called Full address which will be a calculated field and its expression goes like this

IF(IS_NOT_NULL(House Number),House Number& " ") &

IF(IS_NOT_NULL(Street),Street& " ") &

IF(IS_NOT_NULL(Country),Country.Name&" ")&

IF(IS_NOT_NULL(Region),Region.Name)

Combing repository field with out side field, use the merge tab in the syndicator refer page 131 for help on it on SAP MDM Syndicatore Regerence guide( i am refering to the document 7.1 SP3)

Thanks

Sowseel

Former Member
0 Kudos

rajeev raj

I think - yes

Please check "ADDING A CUSTOM ITEM" in your MDM Syndicator reference guide:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwmdm71/helpdata/en/4b/711def8a722593e10000000a42189b/content.htm

Another way you can create additional calculate field in your repository and set for it calculation expression.

Regards

Kanstantsin Chernichenka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I already tired with Custom Items but I am syndicating name of the field along with the value. Is it possible to combine two fields and syndicate only values?

Eg: I have a fields FName and LName these are display fields. When I combined in custom fields Ian able to syndicate FName: Tom;LName Harry

Regards,

Rajeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev

If PI/XI exists in your scenario as middle. push all transformations/Value mapping to PI.

Its Quite easy to handle in PI.

Thanks,

Audinarayana

former_member207367
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev,

Use the option "Include Values only" by right clicking the formula in your custom item

Which gives you the Value of FNAME and LNAME

Output: Tom;Harry instead of FNAME:Tom;LNAME:Harry

Thanks

Sowseel