cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ERP Development and SolMan on one Windows Server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Normally we run our systems on AIX/SLES but now i have to install a landscape (DEV, PRD, SolMan) on Windows and Oracle.

The plan is to install DEV and SolMan on one server, the PROD on two other servers (MSCS). My question is about DEV and SolMan on one Server (4 CPUs, 24 or 32 GB RAM).

Has anyone done this before? Of course, but can anyone answer my questions to improve my knowledge 🐵

Are there important things to consider - outside of /usr/sap/trans or two hostnames for one IP-address?

There is a lot of information about HA and MSCS but i found nothing usable about multiple systems on one server. Except using Multiple Oracle Homes in the instguide. Nothing else?

OK, now i have a cluster question too:

Is it possible to install/run the application on cluster server one and the database on cluster server two (in one mscs cluster)?

How to do that?

Many thanks for your answers!

Martin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ImtiazKaredia
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can install two systems on one server. Instance numbers, SIDs of SAP systems should be different.

You can decide whether to uise MCOD installation from database point of view or seperate database for both systems.

Care needed here is to understand the performance impact.

Like how many users will use DEV, Solman. What areas of Solman are going to be used.

In Short Hardware sizing. If your hardware sizing results are taken care by SAPS deleievered by your DEV system, there are no issues.

For your Cluster question , yes you can have database instance on one node and application on second node.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes you can run Solman and ERP in the same machine, I have a Solman 7.01 and one ERP with EHP4 in the same server and there is no problem. Only tune your sistems fine and have different instances for each one.

Good Luck