cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multi mapping pre requisite with MT from diff SWCV's

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I am doing multimapping with MessageTypes(Source & target) from diff swcvs. And my mapping in another(or 3rd Swcv).

While saving the mapping I got Message type(source/target) not found issue.

From PI7.1 help I got the following, which is little confusing.

link - [http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi71/helpdata/EN/21/6faf35c2d74295a3cb97f6f3ccf43c/frameset.htm]

<<<The following restriction applies for the source and target messages that you reference from a message mapping: the source and target messages can be in a different software component version to the message mapping, but must each originate from one software component version (and, if applicable, underlying software component versions). >>>

So I tried the following to solve this issue -

1.Added underlying swcvs in Messasge Mapping SWCV with source/target SWCV. -- Issues got solved.

2.Removed Underlying SWCVs in message mapping kept source/target MTs in same swcv (offcourse other than message mapping swcv)

-- Giving me same Issue like Source/Taget MT is not found.

Can some one ellaborate me on why I am getting an issue in the option-2?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Can some one ellaborate me on why I am getting an issue in the option-2?

Normally you can select messages from other SWCVs in mappings...it should not be different in multi-mappings.

Still if you want, you can define dependency between the source/ target SWCVs and your mapping SWCV (3rd SWCV uses objects of Source_SWCV and Target_SWCV).....dependency is defined in SLD....there is a blog by Michal (or can even search SDN) on how to define dependency.

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhisek,

Thanks for you reply.

Normally you can select messages from other SWCVs in mappings...it should not be different in multi-mappings.

Yes, u r correct, i have also thought the same, but it is giving an issue with mutimapping, thats the reaosn i have opened this thread.

Still if you want, you can define dependency between the source/ target SWCVs and your mapping SWCV (3rd SWCV uses objects of Source_SWCV and Target_SWCV).....dependency is defined in SLD....there is a blog by Michal (or can even search SDN) on how to define dependency.

I have done the same and now it has resolved the issue.

But my inital question still remains.. why we need SWCV dependency for multimapping alone.

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
2.Removed Underlying SWCVs in message mapping kept source/target MTs in same swcv (offcourse other than message 
mapping swcv)
-- Giving me same Issue like Source/Taget MT is not found.

As per help, if you have Source in SWCV1, target messages in SWCV2 and mapping in SWCV3 then it complies with the pre-requisites.

Are you trying to have Target1 from SWCV2...Target2 from SWCV4...something like this? It is not supported.

But when i change it to 1.. unbounded It is showing error, " message tyep ***** not found"

From your other thread....how could you set 1..unbounded......i have only three options 1, 0..1 and 0..unbounded.

Try to delete your mapping and create a new one...save and activate the message types/ external definitions before you proceed with mapping.

I tried the same on my PI7.11 and did not get any error (no dependency defined).

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos
From your other thread....how could you set 1..unbounded......i have only three options 1, 0..1 and 0..unbounded.

thats type... it should be 0.. unbounded..

still i am confused and unable to understand.. why it does not show any error , when we choose occurence as 1 and why shows error when i choose 0.1 or 0 to unbounded.

is it a bug in Multimapping???

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
is it a bug in Multimapping???

I feel that it is a bug in your system....I was able to play with occurences and still able to save the multi-mapping....i would suggest that if you do not get required response from SDN, then its better to raise an OSS note.

Regards,

Abhishek.