cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service order (Free services and chargable service)

former_member948402
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

This is regarding the AIRCRAFT maintenance services. I have 2 scenarios called on is chargeable services and free services

and the billing will be done through the DIP profile in CS. We have configured the service order for chargeable/paid services.

Now I have to configure the free service order, Please suggest shall I need to configure the separate order type for free services or I can go ahead with the one order type for both the services.

Regards

Ashwini

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member44712
Participant
0 Kudos

You do not need a separate order type.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Separate Order Type is recommended. Also, Item category.

Configure the Item category settings as per your need carefully.

Rgds

Sumanth.Gururaj

Consultant/Systems Analyst- SAP SD/MM

former_member948402
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear all thanks for the response,Please guid if i go with separate order type what setting i need to maintain for the same.

Regards

Ashwini

former_member948402
Participant
0 Kudos

The requirement get cancelled

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ashwini

As you have configured service order for chargable/paid services.So you have to configure a separate document type for free service order as it is for free service

Thanks and Regards

Srinath

former_member232834
Active Participant
0 Kudos

The best option is to create a separate order makes it easier in reporting as well as tracking down. But you also can use one sales order but different item category. this would have to probably be changed manually in the order. Better to create seperate orders.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I think if you are providing the same service sometimes chargeable and sometimes free, then you need to have separate order types so that pricing is not determined in free service order type.

Thanks