cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

F4 Input help in Webdynpro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I want to implement F4 Input help in the Webdynpro Application. So how can I do the same using the ABAP Dictionary.?

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Developer

If u want to use Dictionary level search help in webdynpro just use data element, u get automatic input help, if search help is not available at dictionary level u need to create OVS help using WDR_OVS.

Thanks,

Kris.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If ur having a Dictionary Search Help u can directly use it in the Web Dynpro. While ur declaring the attribute in the Context.You are having the different properties,From them you are having Input Help Mode property.Set the value of the property to Dictionary Search Help and enter the Search Help Name under it.

If you are not having any Dictinaory Search Help,you can use WDR_OVS is the standard component used to create a F4 Input Help for a feild.For reference u can go through this link

[http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/70cee684-ccbb-2c10-3c94-91e806e5f7ac]

Thanks,

Naga Prakash

Edited by: Prakash Naga on Jan 10, 2011 10:55 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks All for your help.

I implemented the WDR_OVS Component and the method on_ovs in the View . Now I want to get the values for the OVS from a Custom Table with 2 fields and display them in the OVS Table , how can I achieve the same?

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Developer,

Please go through this... you get an idea about OVS Help.

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/WDABAP/InputhelpofObjectValueSelectioninWDABAP.

Already we discussed so many times in this forum.. just search

Thanks,

Kris.

gill367
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

there will be one eventhandler you would have created ON_OVS.

there will four parts in that eventhandler. follow the tutorial given above and write the code according to your custom table and search table.

thanks

sarbjeet singh

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks All for your help.

sahai
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

if you want to have a dictionary level search help then you can directly use the field name from the data base table....if that field is having an inbuilt serach help already it will get reflected in your application also automatically ........

i case you use a field which does not have any search help present....you can create a search help using se11 and u can provide the name of the search help in defining the attribute......also in this case you will have to select the input search help as " dictionary search help" and provide thename of that search help created by you.....hope this ay solve you problem completel.

thanks ,

sahai.s