cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Order not going to alternate resource after optimization

0 Kudos

Hi all,

My requirement is order need to be scheduled on all alternate resource... and also it will adhere product sequence...

I have given cost as follows in optimization profile..

Make span=100

Setup cost=60

Mode cost=25

Cost and time i have maintained in setup matrix.

In the cost tab of optimization profile i have given A=10,B=100 as variable and 100,200 in fixed column..

Product sequence is some how adhering..but order is not going to alternate resource....

Thanks

pardeepta

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Pradeepta,

1. Plz reduce the make span from 100 to 5 or make it NILL.

2. Make the mode cost as A=10, B =20, C=30 and so on

As you are doing optimization for a specified period to deliver the product to the customer, no need to give priority for u201CMAKE SPANu201D

Plz try with the above changes.

Thanks

Sravan Maturu

0 Kudos

Hi

My requirement is i want order on alternate resource.If i reduce the make span then order will schedule only on primary.

Regards

pradeepta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeepta,

I Believe, that might be u r observation.

To achieve the required scenario which you have given, plz follow the below steps

1. Plz check whether u have defined mode priority in PDS or not. If not plz define.

2. After maintaining do new explosion of transaction data

3. Plz maintain the weights in basic settings of optimization profile as "make span = 0", Total setup time = 50, Total mode cost = 70,

4. In Cost tab maintain fixed mode cost as A = 10, B = 12, C = 14 etc (In multiples of 2)

When you try this example ensure that u have 1 and half day load & give scheduling horizon as 1 day while optimization for the resources A, B & C.

System will schedule on Primary resource A first then it willl schedule on alternate resource B. If resource B is also full then only it schedule on resource C.

Note: If you define make span, then system will thing that you want to produce ASAP and results will be accordingly. make span has no relation with mode priority.

Regards

Sravan Maturu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeepta,

Please try - SAP_DS_02 heuristics in Production Planning run or DS board. I have not used it, but seems it considers modes.

Thanks

Amlan

former_member522307
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sravan Maturu,

How to explode the orders after maintained mode priority?

Thanks

leo

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pradeep,

Not sure if you are working with PPDS or SNP for production Planning. In PPDS alternate PDS/PPM selection won't happen even if you have maintained priorities (exception repetitive manufacturing)

If you are trying to select alternate resource based on capacity constraints in PPDS you need to use modes.

Regards

Amlan

0 Kudos

Hi Amlan,

i am using PPDS. Modes i have defined in PDS.

Regards

pradeepta