cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can External Definition be used or Receiver File content conversion (CSV)?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I'm a newbie to SAP PI and I started working on file to File(FCC) scenario in which I am provided with the receiver structure as an External definition. The structure is like

Name

Place

Designation

Salary

hike

Can I use the same structure (External Definition) for the receiver file content conversion or do I need to create another specific structure?

Can I convert the target CSV file to UTF-8 encoding?

Please help.

Regards,

Taro

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes < you can use your External Defination for receiever , If you are using External Defination , there is No need to create Data Type and Message Type for receiver , Directly can use External defination in Message mapping/ operation mapping ...

Hope This help 😛

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can the above specified structure be used for receiver FCC? Does this work? Can this be converted to UTF-8?

If it can be used, how do we specify the parameters for FCC then as there's no root element?

Regards,

Taro

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

get a root element for the structure....XI/ PI will not be able to recognize the structure....you can add the root element from your end...it will not make any difference...unless this structure is used in some other scenario also.

The FCC for this would be pretty simple...any basic blog of FCC should help you out.

Regards,

Abhishek.